MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Randomness

Today has been busy. I have had to unpack and clean up the house from yesterday. I feel so overwhelmed coming home and having to get things back in order. I could really use another person here to entertain the girls so they stop making a mess out of stuff that I just put away. I am sure that if someone was to watch what goes on around here on a daily basis they would get a really good laugh. I try to clean and then the girls (mainly Scout) like to go behind me and undo what I just did. Some days I feel like it is just a lost cause so I leave all the cleaning until they go to bed so I can actually feel like I am making progress. Anyway, I think I am finally unpacked and things are back to normal.

Today I took Scout to the Dr. It is not as bad as I thought. She just has a cold, but on top of that she is getting her last molar in. So let me tell you, we have had a ton of fun today. She will have moments of uncontrollable crying. During these times I can't do anything for her. She doesn't want anything so I just hold her or put her down with some toys until she is done. At times you can't even tell that she is sick because she will be walking around with a huge smile on her face just laughing and talking, but then the next second she is crying like she is in pain. Oh well, we have to take the bad with the good! Hopefully this cold doesn't last long, and more than that I hope that Tegan doesn't get it. We will see though. We seem to just pass things back and forth around here. Here is a picture of Scout at lunch. Yes, she is licking her plate!!
Tegan went back to school today. She was really excited to be back, and she was even more excited that she got her Princess backpack back from Grandma's. The last time we were in Billings we forgot her backpack there. It was such a traumatic event. She had to have that backpack. Well we finally have it back and things are finally good again in the backpack department. When I went to pick Tegan up from school today they were reading with their 4th grade reading buddies. I stood back so she couldn't see me, but I wanted to watch how she interacted with her buddy. It was great. They were reading together and when they were done Tegan said, "Thank You." and gave the girl a hug. SO CUTE!! When we got home Tegan went in a put on her super cool slippers that her Aunt Jamie bought for her. She loves these slippers. I have bought her slippers before, but she doesn't wear them like she wears these. You can't really see the slippers, but they are on her feet.
And last but not least, I have another bathtub story. This one I didn't have as much patience for. I fed Scout her dinner and put her in the tub like I always do. I turned my back for a minute and when I came back into the bathroom this is what I found. The first picture is of the toys in the tube, and then the second is all of the toys after I got them out of the tub.


This time she decided to throw b buckets of toys in the tub, and then get in herself. I took a picture, but I was not laughing this time. Yes, she did get into some serious trouble. After her bath she spent the rest of the evening in her room. Oh, I love her more than anything, but sometimes I just don't understand what she is thinking. She did apologize, which I appreciated, but I am still a little upset. Justin said they are just toys, which they are, but it is not okay. Some of the toys had batteries and I am not sure if they will work again. Hopefully taking the batteries out of them and letting them dry will work, but I don't know. This after a day of just getting home from vacation and trying to get back on schedule, Scout fussing all day, and both girls getting into everything, and fighting, I am out of patience for the day. Good thing it is bed time. Hopefully we can all get a good nights rest and have a better day tomorrow.

0 comments: