MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our new ward

Today was the first Sunday in our new ward. Justin went once before with out us, but as a family it was our first Sunday. The people were so friendly, and everyone already knew us (they had been talking about us in their meetings before church). So, people would come up to us and say, "You must be the Grahams!" Anyway, their are only 4 other couples that are about our age!! The nursery has 2 kids, both boys. Scout will be the 3rd child in two months when she turns 18 months. I couldn't believe it. I was just crushed that there weren't more kids. The boys are so much older than her too. Tegan loved primary. She had quite a few kids in her Sunbeam class. After church, before she left, Justin said she gave her teacher a hug. Justin about died when he realized that their are only 3 men in Elders Quorum. There are a lot of men, but they are all High Priest. Relief Society was full, but they are all older women. I was one of 3 of the youngest. Just to give you an idea of what I mean, we have a 102 year old woman in our ward. We are excited about it non the less. This is definitely going to be a learning experience for us. Growing up in Laramie I thought all wards were full of young couples. Not true, but everyone was really nice to us which really helped. Hopefully we will meet some wonderful people, and make some great friends. We have already been invited to a Super Bowl party so that is a start. Hopefully the 4 younger couples can introduce us to some other people. Overall, it was a good experience, and we enjoyed our first day in our new ward!
After church we came home, and enjoyed some time at home. Justin spent some time in the basement getting some more office stuff put away. I went out a shoveled off our patio. Since we have been here our backyard has been full of snow. I wanted to see how big of a patio we had. It is a pretty nice size. The weather got to around 50 degrees today, and the girls enjoyed being outside. Here are some pictures of them playing in the snow. They had a lot of fun being outside. I really enjoy having a yard that they can play in.


This is a picture that Tegan drew and then wanted to hang in her room on the wall.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

What a transition from Laramie! Wow. I know that you'll find some friends, though. Glad that Tegan liked her teacher. Your backyard looks great!