Our trip to Denver was long today. We didn't get home until after 8 tonight. My sister Allison went with me to help wrangle the girls. I really appreciated the help, I could not have done it alone. Scout's appointment was at 1:30. Before her appointment even started she was a little whinny because it was her usual nap time. Anyway, the whole time they did her ultrasound she screamed her head off, and then while the did her VCUG she also screamed her head off (who could blame her) the whole time. Then after those 2 procedures we met with the LPN in urology and Scout wouldn't even let them take her temperature. If anyone touched her she screamed. My sister said that she could hear her out in the waiting room. We got the results of everything, and her urine is still going back up into her kidneys (she is still a level 2 grade reflux). I wanted to cry when they told me this. I know that there are worse things that she could have, but she is my baby and I hate that she is having to deal with this. I want her to be okay. I really had hoped that it had corrected itself. At this point there is no damage to her kidneys. They gave me a few options, and now it is up to Justin and I to decide what to do. We will probably go ahead and do one of the 2 corrective measures because of the concern that this can ruin her kidneys. I would rather fix it then to sit and wait until she is 7 to see if it fixes itself.
Tegan was a trooper today. It was a long day for both girls. I was glad that Allison was there to stay with Tegan so I could concentrate on what was going on with Scout. I couldn't have dealt with Tegan while Scout was having her procedures done. I am just glad to be home safe and sound. Sorry I haven't been very good with the pictures lately. I feel like this are completely off this week because of just getting back from a trip, and everything else we have had going on. I will try to post some in the next few days.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Trip to Denver
Posted by Carrie at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment