The girls and I got back from Laramie today. We left on Sunday and came home today (hence the reason for no posts lately). We had a doctor appointment, and we had to return a bunch of stuff to my dad. Yeah, you heard right we went all the way to Laramie for a Dr. appointment. Until Scout has surgery we are not going to switch Dr.'s. I don't want to have to deal with starting over, and we are going to have to travel for her surgery anyway so we might as well go to Denver were they already know the situation. She is scheduled for surgery on the 12th of March. It will be nice when this is all over. I will just be so excited to not have to make that drive for awhile.
Anyway, we had a short, but good visit with my family. I would have liked to spend more time with them, but we will get to do that when we go back down next month. I didn't tell any friends that I was going to be there because I wasn't going to be there long enough, and then I ended up running into one of my friends at the Dr. She was completely shocked to see me back. It was good to see her. I have enjoyed my time here in BIllings, but going home really made me miss it. I miss running into people that I know. I would go to walmart just so I could run into someone I knew, and have an adult conversation (sad I know).
The girls had a good time seeing my family. We went over to see my Sister Allison on Sunday night, and Tegan and I were on our way home, and Tegan says to me, "Mom, I sure do miss those guys." (meaning her auntie, uncle, and the boys). I seriously almost started to cry. I miss them too, but most of all I loved that she was so close to them.
We got back about 3:30 this afternoon, and we returned to 50 degree weather. It was so nice. I was able to let the girls play in the backyard while I unpacked. They loved it after being in a car all day. Then they came in a made a huge mess in the house. After dinner I went and helped my mother-in-law with some bulletin boards at the church, and then at 7:00 we did a family home evening group (we made family home evening packets). Julie was nice enough to invite me, and come along and color pages with me. I met some really nice people in her ward, and we had a good time.
Oh, I got a call from someone in our ward earlier today asking Justin and I to speak in 2 weeks. I dread it, but of course we will do it. Hopefully I won't come down with the flu or something that day!!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Traveling...again.
Posted by Carrie at 8:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment