This morning Tegan got into some trouble and was spending sometime in her room. She was to stay on her bed, and couldn't have anything to play with or any books to read. She was just to sit, and think about why she was in trouble. Well, I went in and found Scout in the room with her so I was telling Scout that she had to leave because sister was in trouble. Scout was in the process of handing Tegan some books, and I went to grab them from her, and oh my goodness that girl had a grip on those books. She was not going to let go of them for anything. The next thing I knew she was handing them to Tegan to read. She was not going to let go of them because she wanted to give them to her sister. It was really sweet to see, even if she wasn't suppose to be doing it, Scout was trying to make Tegan feel better. I left the room and starting reflecting on the bond that the two girls have with each other. Tegan often tells us that Scout is her "best friend", and even though they fight you can see that they really do love each other, and would do anything for each other. I really want for them to be "best friends." I really think that it is wonderful to have someone that you can count on always, and you know will not purposely hurt you. I hope that the girls will always be close, and watch out for each other.
"You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they're the only ones who don't get bored if you talk about your memories."
"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."
I love both of my girls so much, and I hope that they will always be close, and be proud to be sisters, and proud of the family they came from. Our days are sometimes crazy, and life doesn't always bring out the best in us, but in the end we are a family, and we truly do love each other!!







1 comments:
That is a sweet post. I love my sisters and I'm happy to see your girls love being with each other too...
Post a Comment