MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Car trouble

We have had a stressful couple of days around here. I feel like when things go bad they go really bad, stay bad for awhile, and then get better. Hopefully they don't get much worse. I can't handle much more. On Monday on the way home from the library my service engine light came on. Today we took the car to the shop around the corner, and found out that the head gasket needs to be replaced. See a few months ago, right after Justin left for Billings, the service engine light came on. I took the car to the shop to find out what was wrong, and found out that our water pump had gone out. Well, the head gasket is somehow connected to that problem. So anyway, the shop wants $850.00 to fix it. There is no way that we can pay that right now. Hopefully, Justin's brother can fix it, and fix it in time for me to leave this weekend for Laramie. Next week are my appointments in Denver for the girls. I am completely stressed about that also. I am so tired of making that trip, and making that trip alone. I can't even tell you how much I am dreading going.

I took pictures of Tegan's hair this morning. She is going to need a haircut to fix it, but I haven't had time to deal with it so today we just put her hair in pigtails and called it good. We didn't go anywhere anyway so it didn't matter. We had a serious talk this morning about the scissors, and cutting our own hair. Hopefully we won't have this problem again, but with Tegan anything is possible. I am pointing at the little hairs where she she really went to town. I can't pull those hairs into her ponytail anymore.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So sorry about the car problems. They are not fun. Tegans hair doesn't look too bad, but definitely cut. Sorry :) Luckily we haven't had that experience at our house. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ali said...

Oh, bless your heart! when it rains, it pours....this is one of those stories you will be able to tell at her graduation :-) I hope get better and I will think of you next week when you are traveling.