MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, March 24, 2008

I have money for her...

So, with Easter festivities the last few days I haven't really posted about anything other than the holiday. I wanted to share something that Tegan said on Saturday evening. I had just gotten home from Walmart, and I was telling Justin about a girl (if I had to guess she was A LOT younger than me) that was standing on the corner holding a sign asking for money. The sign said that she had a 3 year old and they were struggling. My heart went out to her. I didn't have any cash on me, but if I did I would have given her some. So, I was telling Justin about all of this and Tegan interrupts and said, "Mom I have money that she can have. I will go get it for her." I told her that it was very sweet of her to want to share her money. It really amazed me that my 3 year old knows, and understands how important it is to help others out in their time of need. She didn't care what the reason was she just knew that she wanted to help her. Tegan continues to amaze me everyday. She has the sweetest personality. Her love and compassion for others is wonderful, and is very admirable.

5 comments:

Em said...

what a cool story did you end up giving the money to her? That is so neat.

Brenny said...

Sweet, sweet girl! But that must also mean she has good parents, too...

Lauren said...

That is so sweet of Tegan. I agree with Brenda-it's because of her great parents! It's amazing how innocent but yet so in tune our children are huh? did that make any sense? haha

natalie said...

Carrie what a cool story. I was touched by your blog. It is totally amazing the way their little minds work. There is an old man here in Billings who we see regularly holding a sign saying how he needs to get to Oklahoma. Every time we see him my kids will say, "Mom, he hasn't made it to Oklahoma yet." I would love to get together some time. I know Wendy usually has Wednesday afternoons free and later Friday afternoon. We should all get together! My number is 860-4863 give me a call!!

Ali said...

Children are such a blessing. Their generosity and selflessness is such a good reminder to us all. You've obviously done something right!!!