Yesterday we went to a powwow. It would have been great if they didn't start an hour late, and they danced a little more. We arrived a little before noon (it was supposed to start at noon), and then they announced that they would start at 1. So, by the time they actually started the girls had lost all interest in what was going on. Tegan kept asking if I would take her to the car because she was tired. Scout, every now and then, would dance around, but she wasn't interested in watching what was going on. I am not exactly sure how long we stayed, but it wasn't long. We all decided that we had had enough, and were ready to go. Here are a couple of pictures of the Dancing.

After the powwow we came home, and had naps. While Scout slept I read a book. I have gotten back into reading since we moved. My mother-in-law loves to read, and has lent me some really good books to read. I loved reading before I had kids, but like everything else, I have found that it was something I just didn't have time for after having kids. I am the type of person that if I start a book I want to be able to sit and finish it all, usually in a couple of days. That is what I did with the first book she lent me. I started it on a Saturday and finished it on Sunday. That weekend Justin asked me if I was going to do anything, and I said, "no." Now, I am on my 3rd book, and I am loving being able to read again.
Justin spent most of Saturday (when he wasn't at appointments) working on his Jeep. I got some really cute pictures of the girls sitting in his Jeep while he worked on it.



Today is a beautiful 72 degrees. We went to church today, and it was wonderful. It was Scout's first day in Nursery without me having to stay. I think that she knew that I was going to leave her because she was whinny, and a little clingy. She just wanted to sit on my lap. I stayed in for awhile because I had to do the music with them, and then I left after that. The kids loved the music. I was impressed with how much they wanted to participate. Oh, and Scout has another girl in there with her now. A new family just moved in, and they have a little girl a little older than Scout. I was so glad to find out that she would have a little girl to play with. I am also going to start watching this little girl and her sister a couple of days a week for a few hours. I think it will be good for the girls to have someone around that they can play with, especially as the weather gets nicer.
A friend of mine in Young Women's asked if I would help on Wednesday night with their activity. They are doing manicures, and pedicures. I thought it would be really fun to go and help since that is what I went to school for, but don't do it now. The lady that asked me found out that I went to Beauty School the night of the Superbowl Party. She was really cute about it, and asked if I would do a french manicure on her nails that night (she was trying to do it on herself). Anyway, I was glad that she asked me, I think that it will be a lot of fun to do something with the Young Women.
Well, the rest of the day is going to be spent outside enjoying the nice weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be even better (in the 80's) so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!!
5 comments:
I am Jealous of the weather you have had we had a really nice day today it got up to 56 and the next three days are suppose to get in the 60's but we aren't even close to the 70's yet. Lucky Duck.
Carrie...this is Rachel Lant...well...used to be!! i just saw your comment on JJ's page and thought HOLY COW!!!! how are you??! i had to write and say hello and let you know that you have a beatiful family!
PowWows? Yep, welcome to the indian reservation. Sorrythat they started late. I bet it was cool to watch. We'll be in Lovell in June. Maybe you could come and see us?
I also enjoyed the weather this weekend! Your girls are so cute. Scout looks so much like her big sister! Also I've finally linked you on my blog, so lets definately keep in touch. Here is my Blog address alexannabeal.blogspot.com
Sounds like such a fun weekend! I loved the pictures of the girls in the Jeep. There is just something about Jeeps and looks like they've figured it out early... The Mia Maids planned a mani-pedi night in my ward, want to come and help? :) That gives me a good idea though, to look in my ward for someone fun like you to come help.
And as an avid reader myself, I'm putting out this plea to share the books you like. I'm always looking for suggestions!
Post a Comment