MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, April 18, 2008

A day with new friends...

Today got off to a crazy start. Justin jumped out of bed with only a few minutes to get ready, and leave the house. He was headed out of town for a meeting, and his alarm didn't go off. Once he was up the girls heard him, and they decided it was time for them to get up too. Even though I wasn't at all ready to get up, go figure!! Well, I finally decided I had better get up and get busy since I had to clean my house and be at Jessica's by 11. So anyway, I started my cleaning and Justin is trying to get out the door, but he cut himself shaving and realized he had bled on the shirt he had just ironed. Well, he didn't have time to iron another shirt so he grabbed one that he wore just a couple of days ago, and what happened? Yeah, he bled on that one too. So now he is frustrated and about ready to scream. He grabbed another shirt, and I told him it didn't look good with his pants so he ended up having to go iron another shirt. Finally, he made it out the door, a little late, but he made it. During this process we discovered we had a problem with our phone so I was on the phone with the phone company for an hour trying to straighten that out. By the time that was done it was 10:00 and I still had to clean my bathroom. I hurried, and then jumped in the shower. Needless to say, we didn't get to Jessica's until 11:30.

We had a great time with the Jessica and the girls. They have 3 girls, but one is in school. Tegan and Scout played really well with her kids. Jessica was nice enough to make lunch for all of us, which I really appreciate. Thank you Jessica!!! Then we just let the kids play. It was wonderful to have someone to talk to while the girls were playing. All the way home Tegan talked about her new friends, it was really cute!! Overall, we have had a great day. The weather was beautiful, and we spent the day with some great new friends. Can't ask for much more than that!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica Y. said...

Blogging is so GREAT!! We had a great day too! Thanks for coming over, I had no idea you had had such a crazy morning!