MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, April 21, 2008

How I Describe My Girls

I was talking to my Mom yesterday, and we were talking about the girls. I have decided that the best word to describe my little Tegan is that she is passionate. She is passionate about everything that she loves, and everything that she does. She makes up her mind about things, and you will not be able to change her mind no matter how hard you try. One thing that she is very passionate about lately is the cartoon Wonder Pets. She LOVES that show. She will sing the song, "we're not too big, and we're not too tough, but when we work together we got the right stuff." (something like that) She goes around and sings this all the time. She has even gone down in our storage, and found the baby bathtub and converted it into the Wonder Pets "fly boat". A couple of times she has talked Scout into getting into the "fly boat", and then she will push her around. I haven't been able to get any pictures of this yet, but as soon as I do I will post them.
Another example is when it comes to Tegans food. She only likes certain things, and she won't eat anything that she doesn't like. The other night we were having hamburgers for dinner. I asked her if she wanted ketchup and mustard. She said, "no, I want butter." The only person I know that eats butter on her hamburger bun is my Grandma. I put the butter on the bun, unsure of whether or not Tegan would actually eat it. But, to my surprise she ate it. I was so surprised that she wanted to eat her hamburger that way that I had to call my Grandma and tell her about it. It made my Grandma smile. My Grandma has had the chance to get to spend a lot of time with my girls the last 2 1/2 years. She would spend winters with my parents, which meant that we lived in the same house with her for about 7 months out of the year. The girls absolutely love their Grandma Nickelson, and I think she is pretty fond of them too.

If I had to describe Scout I would say that she is laid back. She just goes with whatever is going on. She is pretty content most of the time. She didn't crawl until she was 9 months, she didn't walk until 13 months, and she still isn't talking much. She didn't show any interest in crawling. I would put her on the floor with a bunch of toys and she was fine for hours. Then when she learned to crawl she was fine with crawling. She didn't show any interest in walking. Finally, one night she just started walking. She does things when she is ready, and not before. Justin and I have been trying so hard to get Scout to talk, and she has no desire to talk. We have tried sign language with her too, and she isn't interested. She has different ways of communicating with us, and it seems to be fine with her. She isn't in a rush to do things. For the most part I am completely fine with this. The only thing that sometimes concerns me is her talking, but I am sure it will come when she is ready like everything else has. It is just so different from how Tegan was.


I love my girls, and I love to watch them grow everyday. Everyday is always something new. Conversations with Tegan are always interesting (example: This morning Justin was getting ready for work, and he didn't have his shirt on yet. She saw his "pits" and said, "Dad, you have trees in your pits!"), and she never stops talking. Scout likes to tease people especially Justin, it is so funny to watch. She likes to copy Tegan, and tries to do everything that her big sister does. They are both such wonderful little angels, and I feel so blessed to be their mom, and have them in my life.

3 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Hey Carrie. I'm glad you found my blog! Didn't we see each other a couple of years ago at a stake conference in Laramie? Does that ring a bell? Anyway, it's great to see some pictures of your family. Your daughters are so cute.

allison said...

Hey Carrie. It's Allison Redd. I am a big blogstalker and found yours on someone's page who was on someone's I know...etc! Just wanted to say hi! We heard you guys moved a while ago, is that right? You guys were great in the Snowy Range ward, you have such a beautiful family! It's good to see you are still doing good! If you want to visit our blog, the address is www.rockyandallison.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Cute post Carrie! So that being said about your little angels, are their anymore angels that will make their appearance in the Graham family?? hehe had to do it Carrie!!