MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Weekend, and Tegan Flying Her Kite

Our weekend was pretty busy. Yesterday, Justin let me sleep in while he made breakfast for the girls, and then they made me breakfast in bed. It was a wonderful treat for me. Later, we were all in the kitchen and Tegan was saying something silly, and Justin said, "where did you come from?" and Tegans response was "from Laramie." It was so funny. She didn't even miss a beat or have to think about it. I laughed so hard.
I was very excited because I found out that Megan would be in town so I went and met her, Nick, and Blake for lunch, and got to visit with them for awhile. Justin was nice enough to stay home with the girls. I really wanted him to come, but we didn't want to chase kids around while we tried to talk so he decided to stay home. It was wonderful seeing her, and getting to visit even if it was for just a little while.
When I got home we went to Justin's parents house to get somethings from then, and then we ended up spending the rest of the day over there. We had a great Saturday, and really enjoyed being with each other. It is the first Saturday in 3 weeks that Justin hasn't worked so it was really nice.
Today was a beautiful day. The weather was wonderful, and we were able to spend a lot of time outside. The girls enjoyed their swing set a lot today. Scout has even started liking the swings, and she will swing by herself. I even got her to put her blanket and binki down long enough.


The girls also helped me pick up the old choke cherries that have fallen off the tree. They did a great job helping.
Then we decided to go to the park so that we could fly Tegan's kite. She LOVED it!! Once Justin got it ready she just took off on her own, and started flying it. It when right up for her, and the wind was perfect so it stayed up for a long time. She was so excited to finally fly her kite.

I think this picture will show you just how excited Tegan was. Justin and I couldn't believe how much fun she was having. She just ran and ran with that kite, and never stopped.

4 comments:

Jessica Y. said...

What a fun day. Breakfast in bed that is a treat.It must have been national husbands let your wives sleep in day, Joe let me sleep in too! That never happens!

Lauren said...

I LOVE the kite flying. So glad that Tegan had so much fun. Anything to get out the energy of the kids huh? Nice to have breakfast in bed AND to see Megan. :) I had to laugh at your comment about Scout's binky and blanket. Taggart is VERY attached as well. :)

Kathryn said...

Too cute!! Hey does Megan live in Montana now? Is she due to have bub anytime now?

Liz said...

I love catching up with your blog. I hope it's okay, but I copied your style with the tickers at the bottom of the page on my blog. I like the idea so much and it lets people see how our kids are going. Speaking of kids, you have two beautiful little girls!