MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When Things Don't Go As Planned

So, I was a little bummed that today didn't work out like I had planned. The plan was to get ready, at 11:30 take the kids to Jessica's, go to the temple, then head over to our friends house to stay with their kids until Friday. Yeah, things did not work like that. The getting ready part went okay, and then I left to take the girls to Jessica's and on the way I called Justin to tell him that I left, hoping that he would leave and be at the Temple by the time I got there. Well, I pull up to the Temple and no Justin!! I was not happy because we had 5 minutes until the session started. I called Justin and he isn't even close, and to top it off he is telling me that he might run out of gas before he gets there. I pretty much knew at this point that we would not be going to the Temple. We couldn't go any later because he had appointments all afternoon, and every night for the rest of the week is filled babysitting. So our plan of going to the Temple, and getting in our April visit did not work. I was really bummed because I was really looking forward to going, and forgetting about all of my worries for awhile. Well, we decided instead to go grab a quick bite, and then I went and picked up the girls. I have decided that we are going to start planning our next trip to the Temple as soon as possible so that we have a whole month to go in case their are problems. On top of all of that I have forgot a million things that I needed, and I have already made two trips home to get things, and I still don't have everything. Now this is no easy task since it is like 20 minutes to get home, and then 20 minutes back. So all the lists, and reminders still don't help me to get everything accomplished. Tomorrow is another day, and we will try it all over again, and see if we can get it right then!! S
Sorry there aren't any pictures of the girls. There probably won't be until Friday or Saturday.

5 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Aww, that's too bad. I find that once I plan a trip to the temple, things sometimes go crazy. That opposition always seems to come when we're trying to do something right. Do you live close to the temple?

Anna Beal said...

Wait a minute! I thought you still lived in Laramie. I must have missed something, because I know for a fact that there is NO temple remotely close to Laramie.

Kathryn said...

Carrie, I am sorry. April was the only month this year that we also missed, things were not happening for us this last month either!! I agree, plan WAY in advance and it seems to go much better. Hope you are doing ok.

Jessica Y. said...

In MAY for sure we will get you there!! Watch out Satan here we come!

Carrie said...

Jessica you are too funny