MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Funny things Tegan says...

Justin didn't have to work today which I was so thankful for. It makes it hard when he works all week, and then is gone most of the day on Saturday. Anyway, I was able to get quite a few things done that I have been putting off. We ran to the post office to mail a bunch of stuff, and when we pulled up to the post office Tegan says "there is Mary had a Little Lamb." I look across the street and there is a little girl walking her dog. I think she thought that she was Mary because she had a colorful skirt on, and from a distance her dog did look like a little lamb. After the post office we thought we would go get something to eat. We went to Taco Bell (Tegan's favorite place) and we gave her the talk before we went in about being on her best behavior. Well, halfway through our meal Tegan yells "I LOVE JESUS" really loud. I didn't even want to turn around and see who all was staring at us, but I am sure people around us heard us because she said it so loud. Justin and I just looked at each other not sure of what to say. We just laughed because we are so glad that she has that much passion about it, but it is funny that she chose that time to share it. Sometimes we are a little embarrassed at her timing, but she just makes us laugh. An example of being embarrassed is when we were in Walmart and a guy with a cowboy hat walks in front of us, and she says, "look a cowboy." Well she doesn't say this quietly either, and of course he hears her. I was so embarrassed. The things that she says are so random, and the wheels are always turning in her little head. She never stops thinking about things or taking new things in. She is just so cute!! We love her no matter what she says.

Later this evening I was gone and I got a call from Justin telling me that Tegan hit her face on the wall. She went running into her bedroom, and tripped and smacked the wall. She ended up with a nasty bruise, and bump on her cheek. Her poor cheek is really swollen, and it has a huge cut on it. After it was all over she was laying on the couch, and she turns to Justin and says, "Dad I just have to be more careful don't I?" Poor little girl!!

3 comments:

allison said...

Oh my, Tegan sounds like she is becoming such a character! I love it, that is so cute!

Anna Beal said...

Too cute!...sorry about the oweeeh.

Michael and Lindsey said...

Kids say the funniest things! They just tell it like it is. I remember once Jeremy saw a black man with very dark skin and asked very loudly "Mom, is that chocolate on his face?". I wanted to run and hide.