I don't have much to write about today. We really didn't do much except run a couple of errands. I could vent about how much I dislike taking my children to Walmart when they want to ride the BIG cart for a minute though. When we arrived, and went to get a cart and Tegan insisted on getting the BIG obnoxious cart that the kids sit in facing each other. I tried to talk her into getting the normal cart, but she was having none of it so I gave in. Well, we didn't even make it to the other door before I was regretting it. The cart was so stiff, and was so hard to maneuver. We made our way over to the vitamins, and I moved the cart all the way over so that I wasn't in any ones way. BIG mistake because then I couldn't get the cart away from the shelf. I couldn't even lift it enough to move it. Finally, after moving it back and forth and few times, and looking like a fool trying to lift it we were on our way again. We passed the band aids and Tegan insisted on yelling at the top of her lungs that she needed Diego band aids. I wasn't stopping so we continued on. I went down a wrong isle, and tried to back up, that did not work and people were looking at me funny so I decided it would be best to just continue forward. After a short while of riding on the horrible cart Tegan decided she didn't want to ride on it anymore...she wanted to walk. I told her absolutely not she wanted the cart so she was going to sit in it. Well, after a few temper tantrums, and continuous fighting over who was going to hold what groceries we made it to the check out line then the real fun begins. Both girls decide to start screaming and crying. Neither one of them wanted to sit in the cart anymore, and they were both just tired. At this point I was so embarrassed, and it was so hot that I am sweating to death. To make matters worse the lady in front of me was paying with 12 different credit cards, and I seriously wanted to scream at someone. I remained calm though, and we made it out in one piece. With that said...here are some pictures of my beautiful little girls!!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Monday, May 5, 2008
How much do I hate the BIG carts at Walmart?
Posted by Carrie at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
This made me bust out laughing when I read it, only because I had the EXACT same experience and the EXACT same feelings towards the cart a couple of weeks ago. Katelyn wanted to get the big cart, I didnt. It was an awful pain for all of the reasons you wrote, and Katelyn also wanted to bail about 5 minutes into shopping. I really let her have it when we got to the car. Kind of a silly thing to get mad at her about, I was just super frustrated. I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)
Maybe we should sneak into Walmart, steal those carts and haul them to a junkyard (except we probably woulnd't be able to steer them to the car and they would be impossible to lift.
Hope you have a good day!
I love the girls sun glasses. Paiglee won't wear hers to save her life. I would have to say Scout looks so funny like "I am cool". Cute :)
I pretty much banned the "big cart" a while ago. (except at this new Walmart that I actually enjoy). The carts there are new and move nicely, oh and the isles are extra wide. But I hear ya. I always want to yell at the person in front of me that takes forever, good thing it stays contained.
Isn't shopping with kids fun? These are the kind of stories you can look back on laugh on, but when you're in the midst of it, you want to scream!
I say amen to everyone else's comments. I HATE those blasted carts, too. My kids NEVER stay in them either and it seriously looks like I should've never passed Drivers' Ed when I have those things. :)
I always feel really dumb when I am driving them around with all my children on the outside of the cart! I also think they need to have a sign on them about WIDE turns, or maybe No turning aloud. I really hate the ones at target though, that's where I draw the line!
Great story -- I promise I'm not laughing at your pain! I don't have kids so I haven't experienced the big carts, but you can bet I'll have more patience and sympathy for any moms I see using them!
And if such a mom is behind me, I'll try to keep my payment on one card if at all possible. 12 or so cards? Sheesh!
Post a Comment