MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some of the Tornado Damage Around Town

We had much better weather yesterday. I say that because at least it wasn't raining or snowing. My Mom took the day off work so she could spend more time with us. That was nice because both my parent's work so much that we we go visit we hardly ever see them. We started the day with waffles. The girls were so excited because they love waffles, and I never make them. I got some really cute pictures of the girls helping make breakfast.
Grandpa and Tegan making waffles

Grandma and Scout making eggs

After breakfast I went to run a couple of errands, and to take pictures of some of the damage around town. Obviously the damage around Laramie doesn't even compare to the damage in Colorado, but it was something that Laramie hasn't experienced, at least not the last 28 years I have lived here. Most of the damage was just in one area of town, and from what I saw most of it was downed trees, ruined fences, and some minor damage to some homes.

Someones damaged fence

This was just one of the many damaged trees at the Soccer Fields

Someones damaged Garage doors

This neighborhood received a lot of the damaged

This is the Tumbleweed (the bus depot) They had a lot of water damage from the roof being blown off.

This was the Tent out at Walmart.

When I got back from running errands my Mom and I took the girls to the Dinosaur Museum on campus. Tegan really liked looking at the Dinosaur bones. Scout on the other hand could have cared less. I didn't get any pictures of Tegan because she was a little nervous about getting too close to the bones.

For lunch I met my friend Kathryn and her son Cade at Corona Village. It was so nice to see her so that we could catch up. Thanks Kathryn for such a good time, and good conversation!!! That has been one of the hardest thing about moving is that I miss my friends. I have made some great friends in Laramie, friends I will never forget. Each one has meant so much to me, and I hope that they know that. I hope that we will continue to stay in touch.

Later in the evening we were able to go over to see my sister Allison and her family. It was so wonderful to see them. Tegan has missed her cousins so much, and the had a good time playing.

Our Saturday was pretty uneventful. Justin worked outside most of the day trying to get things together to take back home with us. While he worked outside I took a trip to Walmart to get a couple of things. There I ran into my friend Denise. It never fails, I can almost always count on seeing her there! Later in the evening we went over to Allison's for dinner. We BBQ hamburger's and hot dog's and had this wonderful pasta salad that my sister makes. We have had a good couple of days. It would have been better if it was a little warmer, but we will take what we can get.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, I can't believe some of the damage there in Laramie!! It's been a few years since I have been there, but I still remember some of those places that were damaged! It looks like your trip is going well. I hope all is good on your trip home!! Thanks for all the great pics.

Michael and Lindsey said...

I heard all about the tornado up there! That is unbelievable! My parents lost a big beautiful tree from their front yard. Also, my sister who lives in Ft. Collins was in the hospital (she had a baby last week), and they made all the women evacuate their rooms (even the ones in active labor!) and gather into the hall. I'm just glad that the damage wasn't worse. Hope you're having fun in Laramie. I wish I could be there!

Jessica Y. said...

Holy Cow! I don't miss tornado season one bit! Yikes!