What a day we have had!! I am so sick of driving, and on top of that I am sick of driving in bad weather. Let me start at the beginning of our great adventure to Laramie. We didn't even leave last night until about 7:00 pm. We just had so much to do that we couldn't get away any sooner. It would have been fine, but we had rain, and I mean heavy rain, the whole way. We didn't get in to my parents until around 2:30. I was exhausted. I just dropped everything, and went to bed. Then this morning I got up around 6:45 to start getting ready to go to Denver. We finally got out of here a little after 9:00 am. Guess what we had all the way to Ft. Collins? Yep, rain, and fog. I am not kidding this fog was horrible, and then the rain made it even worse. Finally, we got to Ft. Collins, and the roads were dry, and the fog had lifted. We made it to Denver safely, then my Mom calls to tell us that a Tornado just ripped it's way through Windsor, Greeley, and other surrounding areas. That would have meant that we were just in front of the Tornado. I was so relieved to know that we left when we did and we didn't get stuck in that. Then my Dad calls to tell us that there is a tornado watch in Laramie. Then my Mom calls back to tell me that a Tornado hit parts of Laramie. I couldn't believe it!!! The last time we had a tornado warning in Laramie I was a kid. I really wanted to get home in time to drive around and take pictures of the damage, but because of our appointment, and then more bad weather it will have to wait until tomorrow. Anyway, back to my story, we made it to our appointment at the hospital, and we didn't get done until after 4:00 because they lost our paper work so we didn't get called back when we were supposed to, then we finally got called back, but we couldn't get Scout to go potty so they sent us back out to the waiting room, and they pretty much forgot about us. Finally, we finished in radiology, and we headed up to our other appointment 2 hours late. They took us right in, and talked to us about the results of Scout's test. GOOD NEWS, she is not refluxing anymore. That means the surgery worked, and we don't have to worry anymore. We still have to be careful if she gets a fever over 102, but she is good to go. I am just so thankful to finally have some good news. After the appointment we were all tired, and starving, but because of the weather we just decided to head straight home. Everything was fine until we hit Buford. It was snowing!!! It is May 22, and it is snowing. I just couldn't believe the weather today. When we got home we turned on the news (we were some of the few to still have power) and found out that another tornado touched down on the Summit that we just missed. Today has been exhausting, and I am just glad that we are all safe. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, and we will have a break from this crazy weather. I didn't bring any winter clothes for the girls so it better shape up. Sorry no pictures today, but hopefully we will have some tomorrow.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Ya, this Laramie weather is definitely crazy! I spent the afternoon at work in a bathroom for 3 hours cuz of that dang tornado! And then the snow, that was almost MORE frustrating! I'm glad you had good news amidst the mess!
Post a Comment