MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, June 9, 2008

Fun With The Wii

Last night we went to Jessica and Joe's for dinner, and to play the Wii. We had a great time. Thanks Jessica for having us over even though you were so busy!!! We ate, and then Jessica had to leave for a meeting. While she was gone Justin and Joe tried out the boxing game. Joe and Jessica had never played the Wii before so they were pretty excited. Joe and Justin had a great time. Then when Jessica got home the real fun started. We played tennis, and then bowled, and then we boxed each other. I think the funniest thing was Jessica and I boxing. I had such a horrible time boxing because I was laughing SO hard the whole time. I didn't get any pictures because I forgot my camera batteries at home (hopefully Jessica will send me some of the pictures that we took)!! While we played the girls played dress-up. They were so cute, and they would come out and model their outfits for us. It was so much fun.
Today we started off going to the library. When we showed up I was a little overwhelmed that so many people were there. Today they were kicking off their summer reading program, so there were tons of children, and their parents at the library. It was a bit overwhelming. Jessica and I tried to hurry and sign up the kids and get out, but it was impossible to hurry. Finally, we left, with screaming kids in tow. We decided to take the kids to the park for a little while to run off some energy, and give us a break. After the park we came home and ate lunch. After lunch I laid Scout down for her nap, and put on a movie for Tegan, the next thing I knew she was asleep on the couch. The sound of silence...what a beautiful sound!!
After the girls nap we had to run to Walmart to pick up a couple last minute things for dinner. On the way home Tegan started talking about Spiderman (last weekend she watched all 3 of the Spiderman movies with Justin, and she loves them.) She said, "Spiderman loves to save somebody, like a Mommy." I just laughed because she is so funny, and I could use a little saving, so if Spiderman is listening...!!

2 comments:

The Merkleys said...

Glad you had fun with the wii. I think they look like so much fun. We keep reading Autam the same book over and over, it is time for us to get to the library soon too!

Brenny said...

The wii is fun! I was sore after trying to box. The Spiderman quote is a cute, cute Tegan quote!