MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Missing Laramie...

I woke up to Scout fussing a little in her crib this morning, and before I could make it into her room to get her out I hear Tegan talking to her. This is what I heard her saying to Scout.
Tegan: I miss my Grandma Koch, Grandma Nickelson, and Grandpa. I love Mommy, Daddy, Jenna, Kaitlyn, and Madelyn, and I miss Laramie. :(
I just about started to cry. This is the second time in just a couple of weeks that she has told me that she misses Laramie. We don't talk about Laramie much, but when we do she usually brings it up, and it is always at really random times. I just think that it is cute that she remembers Laramie, and her family there. I have found her imagining that she is playing with Duran, Austin and Calvin. That also makes me sad because they were all buds in Laramie. They were her cousins that just adored her, and I know that she misses them SO much.
Yesterday we went to the park with Jessica and her girls. We had fun playing, and then we ate lunch at the park. I love doing this because when we get home it is nap time, and then I get a little quite time in the afternoon. Then I met Justin at the Temple in the evening so that we could go to a session. It was so nice to be able to go, and have that time together.
This morning I had a few errands to run, and I wanted to run them before it got too hot. Then we went to the park, and ate lunch again. Then again home for naps. This afternoon I was able to finish "New Moon." It was so good, and I can't wait to start "Eclipse." Hopefully I will be able to start it tonight!
Today I took a couple of videos of the girls. The first one is of the girls jumping on the couch. The reason I took it is because they seriously do this all day long. This provides hours, and hours of entertainment for them. Some days it drives me crazy, and other days I just let them do it, but for some reason this is one of their favorite activities.
The other video I took because Tegan loves to sing "I am a Child of God", and this morning while we were running errands she started singing it. It told her that she did a great job, and she asked me if I wanted her to sing it again. Of course I said yes, and she sang it again, and then when she finished she would ask me again if I wanted her to sing it. This went on until we got home. I just told I would show you all how cute she is when she sings it. I just think it is precious!! ENJOY

5 comments:

Em said...

The videos were really cute

Ali said...

I love those videos! They are so much fun to watch. What a neat feature!

Kathryn said...

That was seriously too cute! Love it! You know I can look at Tegan and still see that new born baby girl. They just grow way too quickly.

Anna Beal said...

Oh that just breaks my heart to hear Tegan missing Laramie. I know exactly how it was, because when we lived in Laramie I just wanted to be close to my family. Thank heavens we made it work. Also, your girls are so dang cute!

Michael and Lindsey said...

That's so cute that your daughter misses Laramie. We're in Laramie right now and my oldest boy keeps asking when we're going home to Arizona!