Something weird has been going on, and I have not been able to access my blog, or anyone else's for that matter, since Friday night. I was really upset about this when I wasn't able to post my HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN post yesterday.
Yesterday was Justin's 30th birthday. I wanted to do something special for him since it was the BIG 3-0!! So a month ago I started planning a surprise party for him. It wasn't until this last week that my life got crazy. Justin's mom was a huge help in the process, and she helped me get quite a bit of it together. Things got crazy at the beginning of the week when Justin made plans with a friend to go to an Ultimate Fight. I wanted him to go so I switched the time of the party. Then the missionaries called and asked if we could speak at a Baptism on Saturday (the day of his party). Well, he thought we weren't doing anything so he said we would. I told him that it was his birthday, and even though we didn't have plans we were going to spend the day together, and we weren't going to speak. I felt really bad about this because this is the first time I flat out told him he couldn't do something for church. Finally, he saw things my way and called the missionaries and told them it was his birthday. He certainly didn't make things easy on me trying to plan this party for him. Then on Friday he started getting suspicious, and started questioning Tegan about where we had been all day (we were at his parent's house all afternoon making salads), luckily Tegan didn't tell him anything, and I changed the subject. Finally, the big day arrived, and Justin woke up early and went golfing with Ryan, his dad, and our friend Joe. They didn't get home until almost 10:00, and Justin said they all had a good time. He spent the next few hours at home with us, and then at 12:30 I left to go run last minute errands. I told him that I was going with his mom to the summer fair. At 1:00 Justin's dad came and got him and they went to hand out fliers for Justin's dad (he is running for State Senate). Justin was really mad that none of his other siblings were helping. He didn't know that they were helping me!!HAHA. At 3:00 the guests started arriving at the park, and shortly after Justin arrived. It was funny though because he didn't want to get out of the car because he was mad at his sister, and brother that they were at the park "playing", and not helping his dad. So he refused to get out of the car. When we finally got him out of the car he was surprised. And he told me later that he felt horrible for yelling at his sister, sorry Jamie!!:( He really was surprised, and that made me happy. It was a great party, and our friends and family were there to celebrate with us which made it even better. We ate lots of food, had cake, and opened his presents. He told me later that it was the best birthday he has ever had. I am glad that he enjoyed it, and that he got to spend it with people that care about him. A BIG thank you to all those that came, and helped with the party, and THANK YOU for keeping it a secret!!! Here's to many more birthdays with you Justin. We have had an interesting ride so far, and I look forward to our future, and all that is in store for us, and our little family. Happy Birthday! I love you, and I am SO thankful for all that you do for our family. I am thankful for the person you are, the priesthood you hold, and the father you are to our girls. YOUR THE BEST!!
Justin finally decided to join the party!!
Feeling bad for yelling at his brother and sister!!
SURPRISE!!







3 comments:
Happy Birthday justin!!
Happy B-Day to Justin! Looks like you guys had a great time. I probably would've acted just like him.
I love the video of the girls in the sprinkler!!! I can't believe how big they are getting!! If you are ever in Laramie let us know!!
Post a Comment