MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, July 11, 2008

Superhero!

The last couple of days I have been trying to give Tegan more attention. Meaning more positive feedback, and more cuddles, and I love yous. Sometimes I feel like she does some of the things she does because she isn't getting the attention she needs from Justin and I. She has responded really well, and there doesn't seem to be as many battles. She even went with me last night to run some errands, and it was great to spend some one on one time with her. When we got home Scout was in the bath, and Tegan went right in, and helped her get out. She said she wanted to be the mommy. When I finally got Scout all washed we were in the girls bedroom, I was getting Scout dressed, and Tegan was picking up her toys. Tegan looks at me and says, "your my best mommy superhero." What a great way to end the day.:)

4 comments:

allison said...

That is so cute! That makes everything all worth it I bet!

Anna Beal said...

So tender! I love those moments. We should probably soak them up, because we may get the opposite response when they become hormonal teenagers.

The Gardner Family said...

Isn't that so true...usually when I'm having a hard time with my kids it doesn't take long for me to realize that most of the time it is my own fault for not paying more attention. shhh....don't tell them I said that. ;)

The Gardner Family said...

Hey Carrie--one quick blogging question (I'm new at all of this) How did you get the feature that shows when your friends last posted? I can't figure it out.

Thanks