MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In Desperate Need Of Some Patience!!

This week seems to be dragging on. I know it is only Tuesday, but for some reason I feel like it should be Thursday or Friday. I have had a hard time this week feeling like I have the patience that I need for my little girls. Tegan, for whatever reason, has been testing my patience for the last couple of days. Tegan is a wonderful little girl. She is so smart, and so lovable. She has a good heart, and cares about others. I could go on and on about all of her good qualities. But the last couple of days I feel like I am going to loose my mind. She is fighting with Scout all the time, and over everything. She is getting into things that she knows she is not supposed to. Examples-Last night she took my deodorant and rubbed it on the heater vent in her room then she took the hair gel and rubbed it into her hair. She went to bed with a ton of hair gel in her hair. This morning she decided that she wanted some chocolate milk, so she took an entire gallon of milk and dumped ovaltine into the gallon of milk. Who needs just one glass when it is easier to make a whole gallon?? Not only was it in the milk, but she got it all over the counter, and floor. There is still a spoon in the gallon of milk that I couldn't get out. I literally wanted to scream, and then cry!! I just don't know what to do. I just want the girls to get along, and for Tegan to want to play with her toys, and not my stuff. No matter what I still love her, and I try to remember that she is only 3, and that this won't last forever. At the end of the day I look at Tegan and Scout, and see two angels sent to me from Heavenly Father. He trusted me enough to be their mother, now I need to trust myself, and trust that he knew that I would do my very best for them.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I've had a lot of "toddler days" lately too. It's time's like that when I try to remember that he'll only be this age for a little while. Chase has been throwing tantrums and getting into things he's not supposed to. I have a quote on my site that says, "Having children is wanting to hug and strangle them at the same time!!!"

allison said...

Oh dear! I like to hear these horror stories, mostly I guess since I don't have my own, I feel like they will prepare me for the future. If anyone can do it...you can!

Kathryn said...

I feel for you Carrie. Cade is only showing a smidge of that so far but that is enough to drive me nuts! I can only imagine... hang in there girl..

Anna Beal said...

Oh Carrie....I can way empathize with you!!! This must be the Lord's plan for us mothers. Hang in there...this too shall pass.