We are back from out long 4th of July weekend. We went camping with Justin's family in the Bighorn Mountains. I have never been in those mountains, but they are truly beautiful,and it was nice to be back in Wyoming. Justin and I were talking about how we really feel at home in Wyoming. We both had the same experience as we crossed back over into Wyoming where we felt like we were home. I really do miss it. Anyway we left Thursday night, and as I said in previous post we were trying to get rid of Scout's binki. Well, it probably wasn't a good idea when we were going on a car ride, but that is how it worked out, and I wasn't about to give in after she had almost made it 24 hours without it. So for 2 hours she cried in the car. It was horrible, but we all survived, and on a good note she went the whole weekend without it. We are officially done with the binki. The first night camping was a rough one for me. See, before I was married, and we went camping we had a trailer. I am not used to camping in a tent, nor am I prepared to camp in a tent. I tell Justin all the time that I am not going to buy him a tent because then he is going to make me go camping in it. I don't mind camping, but I really do prefer to have a camper especially with little ones. The first night I froze to death. We have a tent heater (we have a tent heater, but no tent...HAHAHA) and it stopped working half way through the night, then our air mattress went flat. The next night I was warmer, but the other air mattress we took went flat also, and I woke up with sore hips, and back. The third night I was so exhausted I didn't wake up once. Everyone else seemed to sleep just fine. Tegan slept with her Grandma, and Scout slept with Justin every night except the last night. Now let me tell you about the mosquito's talk about irritating. There were so many of them, and it didn't seem to matter how much repellent you put on. Poor Scout has tons of bites. With the bites, and the scrapes on her face from the tree that smacked her in the face she looks like she lost a battle with nature, but she was a trooper, and I think she had a good time. Tegan had tons of fun playing with her cousin, and being able to run around. After 3 days of camping we were tired, and ready to come home and bathe.
The white jeep in front of us is also stuck
All of the jeeps as we were leaving a trail. The beginning of this trail was really pretty, and had beautiful views







3 comments:
I can't believe from looking at the blogs how many people were in the Big Horns last week. I'm pretty much with you on the camping-I might even have stronger feelings. :o) I really don't think young kids, and especially babies, and camping mix that well. Three nights though, I am impressed!
Why so we put ourselves through camping? I always have a little fun for a lot of work when we go. I don't think we will be doing a lot of it in Houston. I am still going to miss it.
I used to not mind sleeping in a tent...then I had kids. I'm a huge fan of campers for more reasons than one. Now camping is a huge chore and not as much fun. Its sounds to me like you all survived. Congrats on the Binki!
Post a Comment