MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I have never seen a moth this big...

Well, as I said last night today was extremely busy. My day started off when I stuck my foot in pee. Yeah, that was a happy moment!! I didn't even know that Tegan had climbed into bed with us, and then at some point she wet the bed. I was a little upset by this since just last Thursday I had to wash the sheets because Scout's diaper leaked when she laid in bed with us. So anyway, instead of sleeping while Justin so kindly got the girls breakfast I had to get up and start laundry. After getting ready Jessica and the girls showed up. Jessica found this moth outside by my car, and I just had to take a picture of it. I seriously have never seen one this big. I didn't even know they could get that big. I wish I had something to measure it next to because I don't think the pictures do justice to how big it really was. I had actually seen it earlier when I went to get something out of the garage, but from where I was standing I just thought it was a rock. Anyway, the girls got a kick out of it. When Tegan went to touch it it flew away.

I am so excited because Jessica brought over Breaking Dawn for me to start reading. She was nice enough to let me borrow it before she even reads it...Thanks Jessica!!! I couldn't stand waiting so I started it, but I didn't get very far because I seriously had a ton to do.

While the girls were here playing I took that opportunity to get the house picked up, and beds made. When they left we made out trip to walmart to get the food I needed for the dinner I was making, and the salad for the picnic. While I was preparing dinner for the Jones' the same lady from our ward called and asked if I could make food for a funeral. I seriously just about had a melt down, but I told her that I was already making dinner for one family, and making a salad for the picnic, and she would have to get me the next time because I couldn't handle anything else. While I was doing all of this cooking my children were destroying my house. I wish I had a picture of it, and I almost took one, but I was so embarrassed that I couldn't bring myself to show the world what my day had turned into. Just picture the kitchen a mess with dishes and food, the living room blinds a mess, and almost torn down, the cushions off the couch, every inch of the basement covered in toys, the beds torn apart, and toys all over upstairs. By 5:00 I almost sent Justin and the girls to the picnic without me so that I could have some alone time, but he talked me into going.

We had a good time at the picnic, and the girls got to run off a lot of energy. The primary had some games for the little kids. Tegan's favorite was the water balloon toss/fight. We had a great turn out, and tons of food. Now I am going to go get ready for bed, and read some of my book!!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

That is a huge moth! I hope your day is going better and that you are getting to read a bit. I'm excited to hear how you like it...

Anna Beal said...

Hope you like the book. I havn't read it yet but its sitting nicely on my bookshelf.