MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our "Camp Out", and Day at the Fair

What a fun couple of days we have had. It started when we went to the Yates last night for a "camp out." We started with dinner, and then we had smores from the oven (because it was raining so we couldn't start the fire). They were the best smores that I have ever had!! Justin showed up late because of work, but at least he made it. After it stopped raining Joe was able to start a fire, and we roasted marshmallow's and hot dogs at 10:00 at night. It was a lot of fun!! Tegan had her first sleep over at the Yates last night. The girls went to bed, and then Justin, Joe, Jessica, and I sat outside and visited until after midnight. Finally, we decided we had better get home so we could get up in the morning

Scout getting her soda for dinner
Scout eating the food off of someones plate
Tegan, Kaitlyn, and Madelyn in the tent.
Scout being safe, and wearing a helmet to ride the bike...notice it is on backwards, but she is proud of herself!!
Tegan being extra safe while bouncing on the bouncy ball
the campfire
Scout eating corn on the cob with Daddy
Roasting some marshmallows
After we got up this morning we went back over to the Yates for breakfast, and then headed to the State Fair. It was so hot, and miserable, but everyone had a good time. If you ask the girls their favorite part I would be willing to bet they would say it was when Jenna, Kaitlyn, and Tegan got to ride in the jeep with Justin. They really thought that was great. We got to pet some baby goats. Tegan was so scared, but at the end she warmed up when I held the goat for her. Scout never warmed up and screamed if we got near them (Video of this to come). We looked at rabbits, and chickens (pictures of some crazy chicken's to come soon) too. After lunch we went back and the girls made stick horses, and then we road the train that takes you around the fair. I was so EXCITED to ride the train!! I think that was my favorite part...oh, and I think the kids liked it too. After all of that we decided we had better come home. We were all hot, and tired. The girls went to bed really late last night, and then went all day without a nap. At least that means an early night right?!!
Jenna and Tegan in the jeep. Kaitlyn was upfront so I didn't get her in the picture.

Me holding the goat for Tegan

Making horses

Smashing our horse into the ground!

Tegan riding her horse

Our cute family riding the train...Yeah!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Aren't fairs the greatest? We have a Midwest Winter Fair and Fiesta here in March and it's a blast!! I love the displays, the animals, the rides and the shows. The Navy Blue Angels also have an air show out at the Navel Air Base and end the week with a BANG!!! Glad you had fun!

allison said...

What a fun weekend! I love going to fairs in Wyoming.

Michael and Lindsey said...

Looks like fun! We're going camping this weekend. I'm excited but worried about the lack of sleep.