We decided last weekend to go to Thermopolis and visit my Grandma over the Labor Day weekend. We live so much closer to her, and haven't been to see her so I really wanted to take some time to see her. Thermopolis holds a very special place in my heart. We would go there for Easter, Thanksgiving, and any other break we had when we were little. There are so many memories there, and I feel an urgency to connect to that again. My Grandma is 94, and she is in amazing health. She still lives on her own (during the summer), drives to Laramie on her own, and stays pretty active working around her house, and her garden. During the winter she does go to Laramie to stay with my parent's, and for 2 1/2 years I developed a close relationship with her since I lived there too. Then during the summer she goes back to Thermopolis to take care of her house, and her garden. I wanted to go and see her before she heads back to Laramie. We had a great time. We arrived on Friday, but since we didn't get there until almost 9 we just sat around and visited. Saturday we got up early, and got ready to go swimming. I was so excited to take the girls swimming in warm water. Tegan was a little nervous at first with just her little floaties on, but once she warmed up she did great. Her favorite part was the little slide that she could go down. Scout did amazing. She wasn't afraid of the water at all, and was jumping in, and even trying to get into the water without help. We all had a blast, and Justin, Tegan, and Scout crashed when we got home. While they slept I got ready, and when they woke up we went to look at the Buffalo, and went to the park to play for awhile. After dinner, and the girls were in bed, Justin, Grandma, and I played Rummy. Grandma kicked our butts, but it was fun anyway. Today we just spent time with Grandma around the house, and had an early dinner before heading home. It was such a nice relaxing visit. The girls had a wonderful time, and Tegan loved seeing Grandma Nickelson. She could hardly wait to see her on Friday. We had a great time, and hope that we can go back soon.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Our trip to Thermopolis
Posted by Carrie at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I love your haircut!! I wish my hair looked that great short, but it just poofs out. I'm trying to grow it out now. I love Thermopolis. We used to live there about 2 decades ago. I love the swimming there and when we walked the terraces near the hotsprings, we always used to call it "Ferris' on the terraces." Yeah, silly now that I look back!!
Cute Grandma! Sounds like a nice weekend -- I'm glad you were able to go.
That buffalo sculpture is cool.
Post a Comment