MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WHY??

Can I just ask a question? Why is it when you take your kids to the park, they attach themselves to you instead of going to play? They beg, and beg to go to the park, and when you give in they would rather sit right next to you the entire time. I have no idea why this happens, but it seems to happen to me nearly every time we go to the park. It happened today, and I about lost my mind at one point. Jessica and I took the girls to the spray pool, and we probably should have known that our trip was going to be interesting when we showed up, and the sprinklers were on in the park. It proved to be quite a challenge just to walk across the park to the play equipment. Imagine 2 adults, arms full of bags with lunches, swim stuff, etc, and then 5 girls, and my two that won't walk on their own. I am sure we looked hilarious to those watching us!! We brought lunch with us, and right away that went out the window when there wasn't any dry benches or patches of grass. We let the kids play for a few minutes thinking that the sprinklers would go off soon, but no. We were there about 2 hours, and they were on the whole time. Finally, we decided to just go over to the spray pool, and found a little dry piece of cement to eat our lunch on. The kids played in the water for maybe 20 minutes, and then decided that they were done, and wanted to go back over to the playground equipment. Once we got back over to the playground things were good with everyone. All the kids played, and even had a good time. And the good thing is that they were wore out when we got home. That is all I ask for!!

Here are some pictures of the girls from today. Sorry, I didn't get as many as I wanted from the park. I got caught up talking!!

This is how I found Scout watching cartoons this morning. Isn't she cute?!!


Scout at the park enjoying the slide

This is Tegan after her day at the park. Poor thing was exhausted!(no, she is not sucking her thumb, thrust me I checked)

2 comments:

Em said...

Paiglee clings to me when we go to the park especialy now that her dad was home for so long to play with her she expects me to do so and I would rather enjoy the freedom. It drives me crazy too.

Anna Beal said...

I've noticed that when kids "cling" to you, the best way to get them to play...is to play with them. I know. I'm totally not the "playing" kind of mom, but it does work.