MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Four Years Ago Today...

Tegan Alayna Graham made her entrance into the world. After what I thought was an awful pregnancy (it was cake compared to Scout's) she finally arrived at 1:34 p.m. after only 45 minutes of pushing. I have hard pregnancy's, but I have pretty easy labors. She was the most beautiful baby I had every seen. She really was perfect. Looking back on that day makes me a little emotional. It is hard to believe that 4 years have already past. She is turning into a beautiful young girl, and reminds me daily of how big she is. I think what makes me really sad is that as the years pass some of the memories aren't as fresh anymore. Like any mother I will remember the important moments, but I would love to remember everything. I often think that before I know it she will be gone, and have her own family, and as much as I look forward to all that is to come, I really want to hold onto my little baby Tegan. She has been such a blessing to our family, and loved by everyone. She was the first granddaughter on my side of the family, and after 3 boys she was welcomed by everyone. Her 3 cousins (Duran, Austin, and Calvin) love her dearly, and did everything for her. She was spoiled rotten by everyone. She has the biggest smile, and would smile at everyone. She was never afraid of strangers, and even let some old man hold her in the mall once. Every where I went people stopped me to tell me I had a beautiful baby, and one man stopped me and asked if his wife could make her a blanket. I said sure, and later he brought it to my house. To this day people still tell me how beautiful she is. She is so outgoing, and has a wonderful imagination. The things that she comes up with sometimes is amazing. She loves to learn, and she is incredibly smart. She is sensitive and caring, and is truly innocent. She loves her Heavenly Father, and has even told me that he misses her. What great insight for such a little girl. Tegan is a great big sister, and I just know that Tegan and Scout are going to be best friends. I could go on and on about Tegan she truly is a wonderful little girl, and I am honored to be the one chosen to be her Mom. I want to finish by saying that Tegan I hope one day when you read this that you know that you are loved, and I hope for all of your dreams and wishes to come true. You can do anything that your heart desires. Remember that, and follow your dreams, and wishes that you make on those stars each night. Always remember that you are a Beautiful Daughter of your Heavenly Father, and you have many wonderful things that await you. Stay close to your Heavenly Father, and he will always be there to help guide you. Stay true to who you are, and know that you have a whole bunch of family that will be here along the way through your wonderful journey. I love you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Tegan 2 days after we left the Hospital

Tegan a couple months old


Tegan's Blessing Day 10/10/04


We had a little celebration today with just our little family. I made crepes, and she opened a couple more presents, and then we just spent some time together. It was a great day, and I think that she had a great time.

Allison this picture is for you!! This is what you bought Tegan. I figured I had better show you so you know what she is talking about.






















4 comments:

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday, Tegan!

Bob & Dani said...

Wow! Tegan is 4! Hard to believe. I remember when you were pregnant with her. Crazy! Happy Birthday Tegan!

allison said...

I remember staring at her in church thinking she was seriously the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen! How lucky you are! Happy Birthday!

Kathryn said...

Oh Carrie, what a happy time, but can understand that little bit of sadness of your little lady growing up. It does seem like yesterday that you had Tegan. She sure was and still is a little cutie!