MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Start of Tegan's Birthday Weekend!

Today was Tegans birthday party. After being up ALL night with Scout we rolled out of bed at 7:30, and decided we had better get ready for the day. While I showered Justin decorated the house. After I was ready I got the girls ready, and finished the cupcakes. Then at 11:00 Tegan's friends started to arrive. She was so excited she could barely stand it. She has been waiting the last 2 days for this day to arrive. As people were arriving the girls went downstairs, and played with toys. Once everyone was here we made crowns for the girls to wear, and then take home. I got foam crowns for the girls, and a visor for Landon, and let them decorate them. They all thought that was pretty neat, and they did a great job. I liked it because it was something they could do on their own, and wasn't a huge mess. While we did our crowns Justin went and got the Pizza. When he returned the girls were finished, and we got ready to eat. Once everyone had eaten we moved downstairs for a game of put the crown on Ariel. The kids had a great time doing this, and we even got some of the adults involved. After that game it was time for the pinata. The kids were so excited to hit the pinata. As the kids started to hit it we realized that the pinata was really well made, and the kids probably wouldn't be able to break it. So after everyone had a turn we gave the adults a turn, and Justin's mom finally broke it open. After the pinata it was time for cupcakes, and presents. Tegan was so cute when she opened her presents. She was so excited about each and everyone of her presents. Some of her gifts were: a fire truck (yes, she actually asked for a fire truck), and she loved it, a baby pony, a carebear, a barbie kitchen, the Little Mermaid movie, my little ponies, a really neat paper doll set except they are magnetic, polly pockets, a beautiful picture that says, "I'm trying to be like Jesus.", pajamas, and a couple outfits. Thank you everyone that sent her something. I want you to know that she truly loved everything she got. She spent the rest of the afternoon playing with everything.

Making crowns
Eating
Put the crown on Ariel
hitting the pinata
Scout getting in on the fun
Singing Happy Birthday
Tegan after Aunt Jamie rubbed her cupcake in her face!:)
Scout just trying to keep up!!
After the party everyone was exhausted so after cleaning up the majority of the mess Justin, Tegan, and Scout all took a nap. I on the other hand was on a mission to get stuff for crepes for Tegan's Birthday dinner tomorrow. Her birthday is actually tomorrow, and I want to start a new tradition of doing crepes for their birthday dinner. We had a wonderful day with Tegan, and we really enjoyed celebrating her day with family, and the great friends that she has met here.
Tegan for some reason really does seem older to me. She has said a lot of funny things today here are a couple I wanted to share.
We went to clean tonight, and the girls and I were taking garbage out, and Tegan said, "let's go get more bags." I said, I don't think there are any more bags." She responded to me "Yes, there are...you just have to believe!" I just thought her response was priceless. How cute is she?
Then on the way home we were in the car, and she was wishing on a star. She said she wished that she could turn in to a beautiful mermaid (she LOVES Ariel). Then she asked us to go around and make a wish, and when we got to Scout Tegan said, "she wishes she could be big like me.":)

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I remember Tegan's 1st Birthday. Can you believe how time flies. Don't you remember the old days when there was just on day for a birthday, it seems to me now-a-days that they need almost three. One, with friends. One, with extended family. and One with just mom dad siblings doing something fun.

allison said...

Wow, sounds like you planned an amazing birthday party for Tegan, how fun!