Justin finally made it home from Dallas, and we couldn't be happier. The girls missed him so much. One night while Tegan was on the phone with Justin she said, "Dad, tell the plane man you want to come back to Montana." SO CUTE!! Justin left on Monday, and we went after church to pick him up at the airport. The week went surprisingly well with just the girls and I. We didn't do much, and just had a lazy week. Then only time I was a little frustrated he was gone was Friday night, and Saturday when the weather was crummy, and I could have used his help.
Friday night after baths, I had to venture out in the not so nice weather to get poster board at Walmart. I volunteered to make the posters advertising our 'Fantastic Friday', and I had to get started. After I returned home from the store, and got the girls in bed I sat and stared at the poster board for a good 2 1/2 maybe 3 hours. I figured if I stared at them long enough an idea would come to me. Finally, at midnight I went to bed.
Saturday I woke up to a TON of snow on the ground. Our trees in our backyard were not looking so good. I was worried about a branch off the big tree touching the power lines, and after unsuccessfully fixing the problem my father in law came and helped. Have I mentioned that I am not liking the snow? When I woke up I was so thankful that I had gone and got my poster board the night before when it wasn't as bad outside. It snowed all day so the girls and I just stayed in and they watched movies, and played while I worked on the poster. I have to thank Jessica who let me interrupt her so many times on Saturday. I bothered her so many times about my posters that she finally just invited me over!:) I kept emailing her pictures of the posters to get her opinion on them, and she was nice enough to help me out all day long. So THANKS A TON!! That is another reason I was a little frustrated Justin was gone, he could have kept the girls busy for me, and helped tell me if my posters looked good so I didn't have to bother other people. Anyway, at 2:30 I finished up the majority of my first poster, and took a break. We got ready, and went over to Jessica's for dinner, and games. It was so nice to get out of the house, and spend time with adults. We had a great time, and laughed a lot!! By the time I got home, got the girls bathed and put to bed it was almost 10:00, and I had to start on my other poster. I was up until 1:00 in the morning finishing the posters. I was pretty proud of the outcome.
The snow today
This is the big tree in the back yard. That whole left side is broken off.







6 comments:
Man, you guys had lot of snow! the storm must have just up and lifted over Laramie, cuz it seems everywhere but here is covered! I'm not complaining though, cuz I'm not ready for the snow either! You are a trooper to survive a week without your hubby...I've done it once and don't want to do it again! Oh, and cute posters!
Your poster boards look great. You guys for sure got more snow than us. I told mom today I was mad that Laramie didn't get any because I thought Rock Springs didn't get much snow. Bummer.
Carrie, those posters look excellent!! I wish I had talent like that! I'm glad your hubby made it home safe. It's always rough when it snows on travel days!!
That is so funny to me that you don't like the snow. I LOVE it...not so much driving in it, but I love how pretty it is. Thats good that your girls played so nicely in the house, Dejah would probably get all her snow clothes on and go out in it without permission. Actually I know she would.
Look at all that snow! I was expecting a down fall here seeing as what you had but we didn't get much at all. Soon to come I am afraid...
Wow, look at that snow! Could you send a little bit of chill our way? We're still hitting the 90's and I am so sick of it!
Post a Comment