MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, October 10, 2008

WHY...does it have to snow?

Well, I don't have an excuse for my lack of blogging except that our life has been non eventful the last few days. We have not gone anywhere or done anything blog worthy. I have enjoyed this week, and the non evetfulness of it all.

This morning we woke up to snow. When Tegan walked into the kitchen and saw the snow in the yard she got so EXCITED!! She wanted to go out right then and make a snowman, never mind that we didn't have enough to make a snowman!! :) I on the other hand did not feel the same way about the snow. I wanted to cry!! I am not ready for it, and I dread the LONG winter ahead. Here are a couple of pictures from our yard. I thought it was funny that there is only snow on one side of our yard due to the big tree on the other.

After dropping Tegan off at preschool we headed to Scout's Dr. appointment Today was her 2 year well baby check-up. I was excited about this one because I have had several things I have been wanting to talk to the Dr. about. We missed Scout's 18 month check up due to moving, and so it was good to finally discuss the things I wanted to discuss. Scout weighs 24lbs 2oz which is 25%, and she is 341/2" tall which is the 75%. I don't know if you remember, but back in August I took Scout to the Dr. for a rash that she had, well I never got her blood drawn, and the Dr. today said that she would like me to go ahead and have her blood work done to see if it is Petechiae. She also wants to have her checked to see if she has the same gene mutation that I have that causes me to clot when I am pregnant. No big deal just a little blood work. Overall, it was a good visit, and Scout looks great!!

Well that is the extent of our exciting day. We are just going to hang out inside, and stay warm!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh come on!!! It has been snowing here today and I am sooo excited. I know I am crazy to most people but I really do love the snow.

I am glad to see your week has been as uneventful as ours!

Megan said...

Carrie... I can so relate to the non-excitement! I was telling Nick the other day that I haven't had a real winter for the past two years because last year I was pregnant (which means you are never cold) and then the winter before that we were in Phoenix and it was 85 degrees! I will admit that I didn't miss it too much!