at 2:40 p.m. Scout Delaney Graham made her entrance into the world. She weighed 7lbs 4 oz. and was born in the same room Tegan was born in almost exactly 2 years earlier. I remember when the Dr. showed her to me that Justin, and I looked at each other and said, "it's Tegan." She looked exactly like Tegan, so beautiful, with lots of dark hair. I couldn't have been happier to have her here. Her pregnancy was so hard for me, and it took everything I had, literally. I was sick starting my 5th week all the way to the day I delivered her. At my 8th week appointment they started me on Lovenox shots for my factor 5 gene mutation. So not only was I throwing up daily, all day long, I was getting shots twice a day. Scouts due date was October 21st. Dr. Bragg was going to induce me on October 14th, but he was leaving town, and I had been having some complications, and I got scared so I asked him to do it before he left. I told him that I wanted him to deliver my baby. So he scheduled it for the 5th. I remember having mixed emotions about everything. I remember dropping Tegan off at the Walkers house that morning, and nearly crying because she was my baby, and I felt like I was abandoning her to have another child. I was also worried she wouldn't feel loved. But, on the other hand I wanted to be done being pregnant so bad I couldn't stand it. Once again I had an extremely easy labor. My sister says that I am the only person she knows that is laughing while they are giving birth!! I pushed 6 times and Scout was out. I remember that day so vividly, and it brings tears to my eyes that my baby is now 2. I remember loving her so much, and knowing that she was meant to be a part of our family. The whole time I was pregnant with Scout she was a mover. She was such a mover that at times I would get sick, literally throwing up sometimes. She was so different after she was born. She was so quite, and calm. She was always so content, and just a joy. I have considered myself lucky to have her in my life, she is a special little girl with a special spirit. She is so tender hearted, I see a lot of me in her. She is so happy all the time, and will light up a room with her smile. Justin always says that she smiles with her eyes. Everywhere I go people stop to tell me how beautiful she is. She is definitely a daddy's girl, and it breaks my heart when dad isn't here, and she walks around the house saying, daddy, daddy, in her cute little voice. She is scared of just about everything, which is also a lot like me. She has a love for others, and a very nurturing attitude. Scout has a very special relationship with her Grandpa Koch. From the day I brought her home those two were buddies. As she got older she used to stand/sit at the bottom of the stairs, and yell so that he would come and get her. My dad would hold her for hours, and he was the only one that was able to hold her while she fell asleep. I miss seeing them together, but I know they will always have a special bond. She has brought so much joy, and love into our home, and I thank Heavenly Father everyday that he sent her to us.
Scout I hope that you will always know that you are a very special Daughter of Your Heavenly Father, and that he loves you very much. Always remember that your your Mom, Dad, and sister also love you, and know that along the way we will be here to support you. Remember who you are, and what you stand for. Be an example to others, and stand firm in your values. I want all your dreams to come true, and we will be here to help you in anyway we can. I can't even tell you what a joy you are, and what a blessing you truly are. I can't even explain how much I love you, and what a sweet example you are to me. I LOVE YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little baby girl!!
Scout I hope that you will always know that you are a very special Daughter of Your Heavenly Father, and that he loves you very much. Always remember that your your Mom, Dad, and sister also love you, and know that along the way we will be here to support you. Remember who you are, and what you stand for. Be an example to others, and stand firm in your values. I want all your dreams to come true, and we will be here to help you in anyway we can. I can't even tell you what a joy you are, and what a blessing you truly are. I can't even explain how much I love you, and what a sweet example you are to me. I LOVE YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little baby girl!!
Here is Scout the night we left the hospital
Scout and Tegan the night we brought her home
Tegan loved to help feed Scout
Scout's first spaghetti picture, YUMMY!!







5 comments:
Happy Birthday Scout!!
Oh how they grow! I can't believe she's already two! Happy B Day Scout!
Happy birthday, Scout! Thanks for sharing her birth story -- I always love hearing about how the little ones made it here. She is a sweet, sweet girl.
I hope Scout has a great birthday!! Doesn't it make you happy and sad at the same time that your baby is growing up?
Scout is so cute. In some of the pics she looks so much like Tegan, but then in others she looks so much like just Scout!
Post a Comment