MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Monday

Today was a treat for us. Justin took the day off work so that we could get some things done around the house that we have talked about, but never seem to get done. Justin was able to get all the leaves in piles so that we could go out and put them in bags. It was quite a job, and I am glad I didn't have to do it. Thanks honey for working so hard!! While Justin took care of that I went and ran a couple of errands. When I got home we ate lunch, then went and picked up Tegan from school. Justin has needed new glasses for quite some time, but no time to do it, so it was nice to finally have the time to go and do that. After picking out glasses it was nap time for Scout so we headed home. I stayed with the girls while Justin tried to get the oil changed it the car. No luck though, the lines were all too long and he didn't feel like waiting forever tonight to get it done. So that is on the list of things to do later this week.
Here are the girls in one of the many piles of leaves. I think we ended up with 13 bags of leaves when we were done. So Scout has learned how to climb out of her crib. I am a little less than thrilled about this, but I figured it was going to happen some day. We really need to get her out of her crib anyway, but first we need to get Tegan a new bed so that Scout can have the toddler bed. That was another thing on our list of things to do. We found one we like, but I need to finish talking myself into spending that much money first.
It is nothing new for Tegan to say some of the funniest things. She has turned into quite the talker these days. She will go on and on about different things. Well, tonight at dinner I put her food in the fridge to cool off (she requests that I do this if she sees steam coming off the food) Finally she says, "my dinner is ready, the timer in my mouth said so." Justin and I just looked at each other and laughed.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Your girls are so photogenic! I love the leave pictures! Tell Tegan I totally get her comment about her mouth timer... I have one too, except mine usually tells me it wants chocolate!

Megan said...

Correction on my previous comment... I meant "leaf" pictures not "leave" pictures... I guess that's what I get for trying to write a comment with Blake talking to me and Kyle crying!

Brenny said...

Love the timer comment. Classic! So cute. I'm glad you were able to get so much done. It is nice to have days like that.

The Merkleys said...

We have the same issue with the leaves. They never go away. Our neighboors have delt with this problem by sipmly cutting down all their trees. I am leaning that way. The tree in our front yard is like 30 yrs old and it is ugly. I want it gone!