MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008...never to be forgotten!

WOW, was our Christmas exciting!! I woke up on Dec. 24, at six in the morning, and I was not feeling well. As the morning moved on it progressively got worse until I was in the bathroom throwing up. Tegan and I ended up with the flu all day on the 24th. It was a sad sight to see! Poor Justin was up to his eyeballs in the flu. He was so great about taking care of both of us, and taking care of Scout who was running around here without a care in the world!! I felt horrible, and I was so upset that I was spending Christmas in bed. Finally, in the evening I got out of bed, and got ready so that we could go over to Justin's parents house. I wasn't sure that they would want us over there, but that is where we caught it, and they had all been exposed to it anyway so they wanted us to come over if we felt up to it. So we got everything (we meaning Justin) and we went over. I ended up just laying on the couch with Tegan, and trying my hardest to be involved in what they were doing, but it was hard when I felt like crap, and I was concentrating on not throwing up in front of everyone. Finally, we decided to go to bed. Again I was upset because I wanted to do the Santa thing with Justin, but I just couldn't. He did it all by himself.

I was sure this was just a 24 hour thing since that is what it had been for everyone else. So I was sure that I was going to wake up feeling fine on Christmas day. That was not the case. I felt just as horrible, but at least the throwing up had stopped. We pulled ourselves out of bed and headed down to see what Santa had brought. Things started out okay, but as it went on Justin, Tegan, and I all were feeling horrible. Yes, Justin ended up with it Yesterday. So poor Tegan would unwrap a present, and then throw it aside and lay back down until it was her turn again. It was quite a sight to see!! Justin and I kind of did the same. So we don't really have any pictures of our Christmas because we were all too busy being sick. When we were done unwrapping our gifts I went and laid back down. When I woke up I felt a little better. I was able to at least walk around without feeling sick. We got our stuff together and headed home so that we could get ready for pictures. We were taking family pictures with Justin's family at 3:00. By the time we were done with that I was actually feeling hungry. We went back to the house and ate, and for the most part we were all feeling fine. Tegan started feeling better earlier in the day so she was able to enjoy her toys. Luckily Scout never got sick, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't. Oh, it was horrible, and it didn't make for a very wonderful Christmas. I was just sad that I couldn't participate more, and that I wasn't able to enjoy everything that everyone else did.
So that is our Christmas...we were all sick. Not very fun at all. This will be one we never forget. I have never been sick on Christmas, and I hope that it never happens again. I will have to go through our pictures and see what we do have, and then post them later. I hope everyone else had a GREAT Christmas!!

5 comments:

Kaysi said...

That sounds miserable! I'm sorry that you guys had to be sick on Christmas, that's the worst day of the year to be sick. We were lucky and got it at the beginning on the week and so it was gone by the time Christmas came. Well I hope that you guys feel better soon and that you get to enjoy Christmas!

Liz said...

I'm so sorry Carrie...that doesn't sound like a very fun Christmas. I hope you feel better for New Year's! By the way...we might be moving to Billings sometime in the next two years! It's really early and we're not 100% sure, but it looks promising!!

The Merkleys said...

Oh, That sucks. I am glad it seems to be over. Being sick is never fun but it really stinks when it gets in the way of big plans

Kathryn said...

I too am sorry about your sickness, yucko. Down at Cory's parents this year sickness was working it's way around so we thought that our stay at our house this year we were lucky to avoid it (my sister is here with her husband and kids). Christmas night my nephew got the bug and yesterday my neice woke with it so we are in sick mode too... not so fun with 8 people and 1 bathroom, lets hope the 2 kids are the only ones that get it!!
I am so glad you are feeling much better Carrie.

nicc and aimee said...

Yuck! We feel for you! My mother-in-law counted 19 of the 30 of us staying there came down with the flu at some point during the stay! Hope all is better now!!