I saw this on my sister's blog, and thought it looked fun. It was fun to remember things from Christmas when I was a child.
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper for Christmas. I like having something to unwrap, and I think it is more fun for the kids too. Funny story...My mom would never let us rip the wrapping paper. We had to use a knife and cut the tape nicely then my Grandma would sit in the corner with 3 bags...one for bows, one for ribbon, and one for the nicely folded wrapping paper. She would fold it as we took it off our presents. I have two older brothers that are in their 40's and we were still using paper from when they were kids on our presents. My mom has gotten better, and will let our kids rip open the presents. Justin would always make fun of me for this because I would take forever to unwrap a present so one year he taped every inch of my present so that I had to rip it open!! I love this memory from my childhood.
- Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of a real tree, but I don't like the mess, so we will probably always have a fake tree.
- When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up as soon as possible after Thanksgiving.
- When do you take the tree down? I am usually ready for it to come down right after Christmas, so I like to have it down as soon as possible.
- Do you like eggnog? No, not really
- Favorite gift received as a child? I am not sure, but I remember getting an alarm clock, and I just thought that was so cool. I still have it, and use it.
- Hardest person to buy for? That would definitely be my Grandma. I can usually buy gifts for anyone, but she doesn't want nor need anything so she is hard to buy for. We have to get pretty creative with her.
- Easiest person to buy for? Tegan
- Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
- Best Christmas gift you ever received? I have lots of gifts that I have loved. Last year Justin bought me a beautiful necklace.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure
- Favorite Christmas Movie (s)? I love lots of Christmas movies. I love the ones that come on lifetime, and I watch them over every year, but the one that is my FAVORITE is A Christmas Story. This movie would be played 24 hours on Thanksgiving, and that is what Allison and I would watch in the back bedroom at my Grandmas in Thermopolis. We would watch it over and over all day long, and we did it every year. Last year I got the movie for Christmas...I LOVE IT!!
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can. It varies every year, but I like to start right away because I tend to get a little overwhelmed. I am the buy, and then take back type so I need lots of time.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? As a kid my family always did nachos, and clam chowder on Christmas Eve. That is my favorite just because it reminds me of home. My Grandma made killer fudge, and popcorn balls!! My dad's pineapple dessert is always wonderful, and rice krispie treats...YUMMY!!
- Lights on the tree? definitely
- Favorite Christmas song? I love them all
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? We do both, and we will continue to do both for as long as we can stand it. I love getting to travel, and then the next year it is nice to stay home.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Donner, Dasher, Dancer, and Prancer, cupid, Blitzen, Rudolph, Comet...how many reindeer are there?
- Angel on the tree top or a star? We have had a star in the past, but his year we have a snowman to go along with the snowman ornaments.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do it both ways. As a child my family always opened presents on Christmas Eve, and then we did Santa in the morning. Justin's family opens their gifts to each other on Christmas Eve(they draw names, and those are those ones that are opened), and then the rest on Christmas Day. The way we do it depends on which family we are with.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm not sure. I really love this time of year
- Favorite for Christmas dinner? I love turkey or ham.
- Do you send Christmas cards? I never have, but I am going to try this year
- What do you want for Christmas this year? I really want an Armoire for my T.V. in the living room(this is all I really want). Little things I want are shelves for the wall, new kitchen glasses, mixing bowls, water pitcher, clock for the wall, and a new garbage can.







0 comments:
Post a Comment