Tonight for Family Home Evening we went to look at lights. We had a great time driving around listening to Christmas music, and enjoying the different lights around town. I made treats, and we went over to Justin's parents house. We had treats and hot chocolate first, and then we took the girls out to look at the lights. We went to "Misfit Lane" where all the houses have one of the misfit toys on the lawn, and then the rest of their house is decorated. It was really neat to see, and the girls really enjoyed it. It was fun to just be together and spend sometime enjoying this time of year.
This was a really neat nativity that we saw. I just had to take a picture.
Before we went to look at lights we went and picked up Tegan and Scout's bunk bed. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Koch, and Grandma Nickelson for the bed. We haven't put it together yet, but at least we have it. Poor Tegan was in desperate need of a BIG GIRL bed. It will get put up when Justin has the time to put it together, and then also have time to take down the crib. So after we get it all put together I will take pictures.
Here are the Gingerbread houses we made this weekend. A project the kids really enjoyed...actually they just enjoyed all the candy. At one point Tegan was eating the frosting by the spoonfuls out of the bowl.

This one is ours...what a great house we made!!








4 comments:
Looking at Christmas lights is one of my favorite things. I would totally like to see the 'misfit' toy street -- too fun. Your house looks great and how exciting for Tegan to be getting a big girl bed!
So... I wanted to send you guys a Christmas card, but I don't have your address. I have my email address posted on my blog -- would you send me your address? Thanks!
Fun Fun..a bunk bed. One of these days we will get one, but Mycah is still in her crib, and with baby number three on the way its going to be a challenge in itself getting the girls used to sleeping in the same room...let alone a big girl bed for Mycah. How did you get your girls sharing a room? How did they do?
I had the big idea to make a gingerbread house out of scratch, my sister talked me out of that. I am glad she did. We made that same one tonight...it was enough work.
Well I am with you Carrie, I told Levi if the next one is like this one, that's it! And we're okay with that, 9 MONTHS!! You deserve a weekly trip to the spa, for the rest of your life...
Post a Comment