Tonight we went and picked up the mattress for the girls new bed. For now we just got one mattress because I want to put Scout in Tegan's old bed until she gets use to sleeping in a "big girl" bed. Both girls were so excited about their new beds. Tegan was beyond excited, and she wouldn't settle down. Justin has been really busy this week, and hasn't had a moment to put the bunk bed together, but hopefully it will get done tomorrow. We already took the crib down, and put Scout in her bed, and put Tegan on the mattress on the floor. It was a bit of a battle getting the girls to sleep because they were both really excited about their new beds. And then Scout was a little overwhelmed with her new found freedom. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the fact that she could now get in and out of bed on her own. All that being said, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated it to be. I absolutely dreaded taking Scout out of her crib. She always went to sleep so easy, and I wasn't ready to give that up, but we did it and we survived!! 
I haven't taken many pictures of the girls lately, but I did get a couple from yesterday. The one of Scout and the apple I thought was really cute. My girls have never eaten a whole apple that is not cut up. First of all they usually refuse to eat the skin, but Scout decided to help herself after I didn't get the apple for her fast enough. When I found her she had started eating, and was really enjoying her big apple!!
Our house it chilly in the morning, and there is a heat vent underneath the sink in the kitchen that will blow hot air across the kitchen floor. The girls decided to get their blankets and lay on the floor in front of the heater to warm up.







2 comments:
Our house had heating near the bottom of the walls too! I remember doing the same thing: grabbing a blanket and watching t.v. from the corner of the living room near the heater. Those are some great memories!!
Your girls are growing up! Congratulations to both of them on their new beds!!! I love the apple picture... both your girls are just too cute!
By the way... the Christmas home tour went great! The best part now is that it is over!!! I'll fill you in on the details tomorrow!
Post a Comment