Today I woke up to it freezing in my house, so I got out of bed, and went to turn the heat up. The thermostat read 64 degrees. I turned it up, and I didn't hear anything. I played with it for a minute, and then decided to just go jump in the shower because it would probably turn on any second. When I got done getting ready there was still no heat. I was trying to remember if I even heard it turn on in the middle of the night. I couldn't so I called Justin. He said that when he left he turned it up hoping that it would turn on for us, and be warm when we woke up. At this point I am panicking because it is cold in the house, 2 degrees outside, and I am supposed to babysit 2 little kids today. I called the lady that takes care of our house, and she said she would call the company to come look at it. In the meantime the kids are arriving, and it is cold. Good thing for us once we were up, dressed, and moving around it wasn't that bad. The guy came to fix it a little later, and before lunch we had heat...HOORAY for heat!!
Here is Scout laying on the couch with her blanket while we waited
Things were a little crazy this morning, but this afternoon I had a nice quiet afternoon of three kids sleeping at the same time. Even Tegan took a nap today which is rare, but she was so moody this morning I made her lay down. We had a good day today. It has been a little chilly here lately, but I haven't minded. It just means that I get to stay in and enjoy the coziness of my decorated house. Justin and I decided that we like to sit in the living room in the evening with the lights off, and just have the tree lights on. I love this time of year!







5 comments:
I can't believe you think 64 Degrees in your house is cold. It is very rare that we ever have ours set at 62 or 63. If I wake up and it reads 60 I think it is hot or something. I am with you though on sitting in the room with the lights off looking at the tree.
man, it is SO cold here too, and I love the heater, and my extra space heater too! Glad you got it fixed!
Oooo... sitting on the couch with just the christmas lights on. I love it. So romantic.
And Brrrrr! I'm glad they got the heat fixed.
Thanks for your support! Even though we are far apart I still consider you a good friend. I hope we can see you guys again sometime!
I am glad you have heat. The same thing happened to us a while back. We were having a cold spell and our heat wasn't working and it was 62 degrees in our house. I thought we wouldn't use our heater much down here but we really do....in fact it is on right now!
Post a Comment