MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GOTTA LOVE A DEAL...

Here are my two little "snow bunnies". I think they look SO CUTE!!! My friend called me today, and told me that JCPenny was having a sale on their coats, and that they were $20.00. I still thought that was a bit much, but I wanted to go look anyway. Tegan is in desperate need of a new coat, and she was going to get one anyway when winter was over for next year. So I loaded the girls in the car, and after a short melt down because Tegan wanted to ride in the stroller, and a threat from me if she didn't behave herself, we headed into the store. I found the coats, and they were priced at $15.00. I didn't think that was too bad so I looked around, and Tegan found this pink one that she liked. After looking some more I found some snow pants, which she is also in need of, but the only color in her size was purple. I tried, and tried to talk her into the purple coat just like the pink one, but she wouldn't go for it. She absolutely refused. Well, I carried the purple pants around the store with me trying to decide whether or not I wanted them. I hated to put them back because they were the LAST ones in her size, and they were marked down to $10.00. I really wanted her snow pants to match her coat, and so I wasn't sure I wanted them. At the last minute I decided to just get them, and then I would talk it over with Justin, and see what he thought. So I proceed to the check out, and the lady starts ringing me up. The pants ring up to $5.00, and the coat rings up to $8.00. I couldn't believe it. I had to ask if it was right. The lady assured me it was. The coat was originally $80.00, and the pants were originally $40.00. I ended up going back and getting Scout a coat too. She doesn't need snow pants, but the funny thing is hers are purple too!! Nobody cares that they don't match right?? I saved $193.00 on their coats, and the snow pants. What an AWESOME deal!!




8 comments:

Anna Beal said...

So funny story here...Dejah's coat is PURPLE....and her pants...PINK! Who really cares! No big deal. Its not the end of the world. They will love the snow either way. And when you're old you'll wonder why you even cared in the first place.

allison said...

oh how I LOVE good deals! Way to go!

The Gardner Family said...

That is amazing!! Way to go! That pink and purple will look so great with the chocolate brown mud. ;) They are too cute--I LOVE the little eyes sticking out!

Kaysi said...

What a great deal, I love end of the season clearance. It's so fun to get something for less than you think it will be, but it sure stinks when it's the other way around. They girls look cute, like pink marshmallows, I just want to squeeze them :)

The Merkleys said...

It's the city I tell you! We are always getting good deals here. Just today I found the cutest little sweater dress at Target for 3 bucks! Have a great day!

The Merkleys said...

It's the city I tell you! We are always getting good deals here. Just today I found the cutest little sweater dress at Target for 3 bucks! Have a great day!

The Merkleys said...

It's the city I tell you! We are always getting good deals here. Just today I found the cutest little sweater dress at Target for 3 bucks! Have a great day!

SuperGreens said...

Hi I got your comment, Yeah Marc and I remember you guys. I have been trying to catch up and find friends from Laramie. I have found some, but a lot have private blogs so I'm outta luck there. What a steal on those coats! Someday I hope that I will have a reason to buy pink. I love my Blue for my boys too though.