My girls are up to trouble. I write this only because someday it will be funny, even today it is funnier than yesterday, and for record of the torture my girls inflicted on me so that someday I can use it against them. Oh, and go ahead and laugh it really is funny!!
Yesterday got off to a good start, and I went into the girls room to start picking it up, and then I notice that there is Desitin all over the floor. This is not the first time, nor the second, nor the third time, this is the fourth time they have done this. Yes, you would think I have learned, and I thought I had it all out of reach, but apparently not. It was all over the carpet, and I lost it. That stuff is water resistant, and no fun to get out of carpet!! I told Justin that I wasn't cleaning it this time, they could live in a bedroom that was covered in Desitin. Well, he went in and cleaned it. After lecturing the girls about how they are not supposed to touch things that are not theirs, and telling them how upset I was they were sent to their room for a while. I went into check on them, and they are pulling all the wipes out of the bag. I remind them about the talk we had, and asked them if they were listening, they assured me they were, but I am not so sure! The remainder of the day was spent without television, and having to be where ever I was because I couldn't trust them alone. Finally, I put Scout down for a nap, and I told Tegan she could watch one show while Scout napped. I went and started to fold some laundry, and I come out to see MARKER on my couch. Seriously, it wanted to just start crying. What is it about my couch that says, "Yes, it is okay, please write on me?" SIGH... I had to call Justin because I was so furious. Tegan ended up in the corner on a stool for the remainder of the day until dinner. I know a little excessive, but I didn't know what else to do. I was able to get most of it out, you can still see it a little bit, but oh well. So these things plus all the day to day messes, and fights made up a FANTASTIC day!! Anyway, we did survive the day, and today has been much better. Sorry no pictures of all the fun, but I didn't want to give them even the slightest idea that I thought what they did was okay. SIGH...this is my life, and I love it!!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Friday, February 13, 2009
And Yet Again...
Posted by Carrie at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I'm sorry about you day, but it's nice to know my kids aren't the only ones. Brinly and Jordan have been making the biggest messes lately and when they get in trouble it seems like I'm talking to a wall. I share in your frustration!
I'll just share a wise saying my Grandma use to tell me, "to be a Mother means you have to have a strong stomach and a good sense of humor"! Hope your weekend got better...really that is all it could do! Talk to you soon!
I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not be able to own "nice" furniture until my children are adults. But then...won't I have grandchildren?
Kids sure like to try us sometimes, don't they? I like to call it "marking their territory". They sure leave behind signs that they've been there! I love reading your blog. You always have such fun entries to read.
Post a Comment