MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happenings Around The Graham House...

Sometimes I feel like I can't get involved in anything, because while I am doing whatever I am doing my kids are getting into some kind of trouble. Last night I was on the phone with my brother after I got the girls in bed. I figured I was pretty safe. Really, how much trouble could they get into in their room, and when I am sitting at the kitchen table?? Well, apparently A LOT. As I am sitting at the kitchen table talking to Dustin the girls are sneaking into my room getting into things, and then sneaking into the bathroom, and getting anything, and everything they can get their hands on. Then they get into the hall closet, and get stuff out of there. I was completely surprised that I didn't hear them open up the door. I tell you they are quick, and VERY quite. Well, after I got off the phone with my brother I went in to check on them, and found a disaster. I found hair bows, and hair ties all over the room, things that they had taken out of my room, toys, q-tips, and then I see it, LOTION, and SHAMPOO all over the carpet. I just about lost it. I made the girls get out of bed, and help me clean up the mess. I think they could tell how upset I was because neither one of them fought me on it. They got up and started putting things away while I tried to get the lotion and shampoo out of the carpet. The lotion was not much problem, but the shampoo just made a soapy mess. We finally got it cleaned up enough, and I put them back to bed, and gave them a stern warning if they got out of bed again. They both laid down, and a few minutes later they were asleep. It is moments like this that make me lose my mind, but at the same time today I have also been reminded how lucky I am to have them, and things like this really are not important. We will look back on all of this with fond memories, and probably laugh.

I am not actively trying to potty train Scout yet, but I am trying to make more of an effort to have her sit on the potty when I change her diaper. Justin so badly wants her potty trained, but I just don't have the same enthusiasm. Although twice within the last couple of days she has peed in the potty for me. It is wonderful! I am still not sure either one of us is really ready for the full on potty training so we are just going to take baby steps and see what happens.

Tegan has had a very full week this week. She has had school as usual, but then yesterday she got to spend a good portion of the day at her friend Lyssa's house. The two of them always have a good time together, and so it was fun for her to get to go spend some time with her. It was nice for me because I got a lot of phone calls/appointment making done while she was gone. Tegan is really excited for school on Friday because they are having a Valentine's party and she gets to take Valentine's to school for all of her classmates.

1 comments:

Anna Beal said...

So I'm reading your post about your girls and their sneeky little mess...and I'm thinking, is this really her life? Cuz, it sure sounds alot like mine! Although they have yet to do it after bed time. Oh, the joy of kids :>