MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, February 6, 2009

I Am Gonna Be Just Like My Mom...

This morning I got Tegan's clothes out for her, and took them to the living room where I told her to put them on. I went about my business cleaning up, and getting kids ready for the day. I came back out into the living room and Tegan was so proud of herself, and wanted to show me that she had folded her pajamas up. She was SO proud that she even went in to show her dad. While showing him she said, "I am gonna be just like my mom because I am gonna do the things she does like laundry." When she said that it melted my heart!! I don't know why, but it made me feel like she appreciates all that I do for my family. It also made me think that she is actually aware of all that I do. More importantly it makes me happy to hear that she would like to be like her mom, and do the job I do everyday. Some days I feel like I fall short as a mother, and I feel that I have not lived up to the kind of Mom I want to be to my kids. It makes it all worth it when they come up to me, and give me a hug and a kiss, and say, "Mom, I love you so much." It really was special for me to hear that, and I want her to know how much I love her, and what a wonderful little girl I think she is. My kids are my greatest joy, and my biggest accomplishment in life.

1 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Aren't little girls awesome? It's so cute when they get excited to be mommies someday.