MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Tegan was so excited for her Valentine's Day party at school. It is all she could talk about all last week. She couldn't wait to hand out valentines to all of her preschool friends. Thursday night we sat down and she was able to put her valentines together for her class. Friday, we got up early, and I got her all ready for school, and did a cute little hairdo for Valentine's day, and off to school she went. I stayed home to clean the house, but after school I went and picked her up and she couldn't stop talking about all the fun she had. I asked her what treats she ate at her party, and she said, "I had rice krispy treats, but they didn't have chocolate on them." She thinks they need to have chocolate on them because that is the way Mommy makes them!!

Saturday we didn't really have anything planned, but then the day seemed to get really busy. Justin's mom stopped by to give us our Valentine's and visit for awhile, and then I went to Real Deals and Hobby Lobby with Jessica, then we had to go to the church so that Justin could help set up for the Valentine's activity and so I could run off some stuff for enrichment. When we were done with all of that I rushed home so that I could start getting ready for our night out. We went to dinner with our friends the Willford's and Justin's family, and then we went to paint pottery at In Good Glazes. This is the same place we went last year. We had so much fun last year that we thought we would do it again. I made another birthday plate, and Justin made a matching WYO cowboy bowl for his cowboy cup that he made last year. I had to remake my plate because it got broken. We had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed our night.

At about 12:00 Tegan woke up, and she had the very distinct cough that comes with croup (everyone at preschool has had this so it was just a matter of time before she got it), and she was having a lot of trouble breathing. We put her in the bathroom with the hot water running, and it seemed to help. She slept with us for the remainder of the night because I was worried about the breathing. She woke up saying she felt better, but she had a raspy voice so Justin stayed home with the girls while I went to church. I have to say that we have been very lucky this year when it comes to illness. We really haven't been as sick as years past, and we certainly have not had to make as many trips to the Doctor which I am extremely thankful for. This will pass, and hopefully Scout will be really lucky and won't get it.

Today Justin was off work so we took the day to just relax at home. Tegan stayed home from school today because I wanted her to rest, and try to get better. We really did nothing all day. It was kind of nice, but I feel really tired from not doing anything. I guess we are all entitled to one of those days every now and then right?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Chase is always sleeping with us when he's sick. It comforts me to hear him breathing and rustling around in the sheets right next to me. It's a mom thing. Jeff doesn't like it because he gets kicked!!

Em said...

That sucks that Tegan has croup, what is is exactly? Sounds like you guys had a good V-Day.

The Merkleys said...

What a fun V day! It stinks that Teagan got sick. That always seems to mess things up!