Along with this pretty little mess the girls have been sick, well, mainly Tegan. Last night she woke up in the middle of the night crying because her ear hurt. This morning I called and made an appointment with her Dr. but the appointment wasn't until 1:40. It was right during nap time, and I figured by then the girls would be really tired so I didn't take it, and I decided to go to the walk-in clinic. BIG...BIG MISTAKE!! I was there for 3 HOURS!! I was a little upset by the time it was all over. I was the only one in there with Children, and I am not kidding I sat there for 3 hours waiting. They had 1 Doctor, and 1 Nurse. A couple of times I almost walked out. If it weren't for knowing that Tegan had an ear infection, and that she needed medicine, I would have left right away. Towards the end I finally gave up trying to get my kids to sit nicely. I figured if they got tired of hearing my kids they would make more of an effort to make it our turn. I know horrible attitude, but it is hard to be int that situation with little ones. My kids were tired, hungry,and just plain bored. I had only brought 1 sippy cup of juice, and one little bag of snacks. I didn't know I was gonna have to pack a picnic to go to the Doctor, SERIOUSLY!! I don't even think that I can explain my frustration with having to sit in a clinic with 2 kids that won't sit still, and a bunch of sick people!! At noon we finally got home, and I got the girls all cleaned up and made them lunch. Justin came home so that I could go fight the crowds at Wal-mart (another thing that puts me in a good mood) and get Tegan's prescription. While I was gone he put the girls down for a nap, and it has been a pretty quite afternoon. Thank goodness because I needed it after the morning I had.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Thursday, February 19, 2009
My Frustrations...
Along with this pretty little mess the girls have been sick, well, mainly Tegan. Last night she woke up in the middle of the night crying because her ear hurt. This morning I called and made an appointment with her Dr. but the appointment wasn't until 1:40. It was right during nap time, and I figured by then the girls would be really tired so I didn't take it, and I decided to go to the walk-in clinic. BIG...BIG MISTAKE!! I was there for 3 HOURS!! I was a little upset by the time it was all over. I was the only one in there with Children, and I am not kidding I sat there for 3 hours waiting. They had 1 Doctor, and 1 Nurse. A couple of times I almost walked out. If it weren't for knowing that Tegan had an ear infection, and that she needed medicine, I would have left right away. Towards the end I finally gave up trying to get my kids to sit nicely. I figured if they got tired of hearing my kids they would make more of an effort to make it our turn. I know horrible attitude, but it is hard to be int that situation with little ones. My kids were tired, hungry,and just plain bored. I had only brought 1 sippy cup of juice, and one little bag of snacks. I didn't know I was gonna have to pack a picnic to go to the Doctor, SERIOUSLY!! I don't even think that I can explain my frustration with having to sit in a clinic with 2 kids that won't sit still, and a bunch of sick people!! At noon we finally got home, and I got the girls all cleaned up and made them lunch. Justin came home so that I could go fight the crowds at Wal-mart (another thing that puts me in a good mood) and get Tegan's prescription. While I was gone he put the girls down for a nap, and it has been a pretty quite afternoon. Thank goodness because I needed it after the morning I had.
Posted by Carrie at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Carrie, I just so feel for you. I couldn't even laugh as I just felt the frustration of it. Hang in there girly, all you can do it seems in situations like this. Makes for good birth control I guess :) for a little while anyway until they are cute as can be and you forget all the horrid things they do!!
I sooooo know what all that is like. I HATE it when I have to wait in a doctor's office and entertain my children. It's horrible and it takes forever. It's even worse when people come in after me and get in to see the doctor before me. It's really FRUSTRATING!!!
As for the messes, my boys just go outside and make dirt messes. I just have to bath them later. They tend to leave my make-up and baking supplies alone. I wish I had advice, but I'm laking in the little girls department!! Good luck and as my mom always says, "This too shall pass!"
Man, I hate those kinds of days! Sorry about all of the craziness! that's quite a mess they made, dang it!
Oh I can't even imagine that frusteration. I get so unbelievably angry when it's just me waiting in that situation, let alone with 2 little ones... I admire the fact that you waited so long to let them run amuck, I would've encouraged some bad behavior! Perhaps I need to work on an attitude adjustment...
Wow that is quite the day! I hope you have a better one tomorrow! We have had to deal with make-up too. I had to threaten Autam with her life. Now she is good about it, and comes and tells me if Lauryn is getting in it.
Post a Comment