I have been waiting for today for a long time! Megan came to help me with some sewing and decorating decisions. We have been trying to plan this for months, but with crazy schedules, and sick kiddos it didn't happen until today. I am so glad that it did because I feel like I have a little bit of clarity now on what I want to do.
Anyhoo, when she first got here we went to the fabric store to pick out fabric. I decided that I wanted to cover the pillows on my couch to cover the stains, and to add some nice color. I tried to pick out fabric once without Megan and I was so overwhelmed I left. When I am doing things like that I like to have someone there to tell me that what I picked out isn't stupid. It was good she was there
because I would probably still be standing there with a blank look on my face!! After an hour we left with some great fabric. I went with something totally different than what I thought I would, but I LOVE it. I even ended up adding 4 more pillows (2 for each couch). We didn't get all the pillows covered, but Megan, being the WONDERFUL friend that she is took them home to finish sewing them for me.

Megan also brought my vinyl for me today. I was so excited to see how they turned out, and even more excited to get it put up. This is the one in our bedroom. I love how it looks. Don't look at the pictures they aren't exactly even yet. I jut put them up there to take a picture, I still need to fix them. The other vinyl is in the girls bathroom. I am still trying to decide on my placing so I haven't gotten it all put on yet.

I have also been working on my bathroom. I finally put up a shower curtain, and got some towels to match. I really like how it turned out. I wasn't sure what I thought of the curtain at first, but with the towels, rugs, and the candles I am pleased. I still want to add something on the wall, but until I find what I want I am happy with how it looks.
So with all the progress that I made today I still have so many things I want to do. Megan is going to help me with curtains for the living room, and my bathroom, a duvet cover for my bed, and we are going to fix up these cool old windows and add them to my living room wall, along with many more things.
Here is a big THANK YOU to Megan for being a wonderful friend, and putting up with my endless questions, and indecisiveness. I really appreciate you sewing all of this stuff for me, and sharing your talent with me. And, thank you so much for my birthday present. I am enjoying the wonderful smell that it is filling my home with!!
7 comments:
It all looks really good, I love the colors!
Thanks for such a fun day yesterday! We all had a great time! I love how your pillows turned out and also I love your master bath! The quote over your bed looks great too! Blake is asking me if we can go see you all again today!!! If only! I'm looking forward to helping you with your other future projects! I'm also glad that your already good smelling home smells even more wonderful! Have a great day!
PS. Blake ended up with one of your race cars... sorry! I'll send it or bring it back with your pillows! (It's the Cheerio car) He told me it's Tegan's and that he loves her and it! So funny!
What is done so far looks really nice, that is exciting for you to get some much done. Can't wait to see what you do with the window.
Hey! I have that same shower curtain! Great minds think alike...lol! Looks great!
So cute! When you're done with your house, you need to come help me at mine!
How fun! You've inspired me to make some changes in my house.:) It all looks GREAT, by the way.
LOVE the colors Carrie! Nice Job! I am sooo NOT crafty, I would also need some serious help.
Post a Comment