MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, March 7, 2009

High School Musical The Ice Tour!

So, as I said yesterday, my Mother-in-law took Scout for the night so that just left Tegan and I. Justin went fishing with Troy in Wyoming. I was actually looking forward to it. It was a nice weekend up until a little while ago, I will get to that later.

We got up this morning, and got ready because we made plans to go to High School Musical on Ice. We have not seen the movies, but I thought it would be something fun that we could do together. We were also able to go with Kari and Emily who are just a ton of fun to be with, and we are so glad they let us tag a long with them. I know I have said this before but Emily is so wonderful with the girls, and they love her so Tegan was so excited to spend time with her. The show was actually really fun. I am sure the movies were better, but I am a fan of Ice Skating and it was fun to watch them skate.

Emily and Tegan before the show. Aren't they cute!! Emily is 13...do you call a 13 year old cute? Oh well, they are!!:)



Mommy and Tegan before the show



Tegan



Tegan with her cotton candy, and the hat that came with it.


This is how close we were to the ice. It was great being that close.


After the show we went to pick up Scout from Grandma Graham's house. From the moment I got there the poor thing was fussy. She hadn't really napped(which was fine because it meant early bedtime) so she wasn't very happy. She did end up falling asleep on the way home, but I woke her up when we got home so that I could still put the girls to bed at 7:00. It was a long evening with two fussy girls. They wouldn't stop fighting with each other it was crazy. At one point I sent Tegan to her room because she was fighting with Scout. She stomped off mad, and went in her room and slammed the door. I heard something hit the floor, and I went in to see. I had a sick feeling in my stomach, it wasn't good. When I got in her room I saw that slamming the door had knocked Scout's piggy bank down, and it busted. This piggy bank was made for me by Megan (the most talented person I know). She made one for each of the girls, and she painted their names on them. These piggy banks are so special too me, and are one of my favorite things that the girls have.


This is what it looked like before it broke



and...here it is now, pretty sad. For my baby shower Megan had the ladies put their dreams and wishes for Scout in the bank. That is why it says dream bank.


5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, that's soooo sad! Will you be able to glue the pieces back together? They seem really small, but that also seems like a special gift. I hope it all works out!!

Em said...

That is horrible about the piggy bank, hopefully she can do another one for you.

Gina said...

Don't you just love how a fun day can turn so ugly? That is so sad. BTW....I love the girls bangs!!

The Gardner Family said...

So sorry about the piggy bank. That is such a cute idea!

I'm loving your ice seats! Wow! All of us girls here LOVE HSM. I'm sure I was more anxious for the 3rd one to come out than the girls were. You've got to see them! :)

The Merkleys said...

HSM on ice? I didn't even know it existed. How fun! Tegan is getting so big! There hair is so cute in the bangs pics.
Hope you can salvage the piggy!