MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally...our weekend

I am just now getting around to posting about our weekend. All weekend I tried to leave for Laramie, but the weather was horrible so I had to wait until Monday. I finally arrived safe with the girls for our short little visit with my family, and and our trip to Children's Hospital for Tegan (more on that later).

Our weekend started off with rearranging our living room. I have been wanting to move the entertainment center, and so we did it. After we did it Justin, and I sat on the couch, and neither one of us like it. I told him that while I was gone he could move it back...he didn't seem so impressed. After we got the living room back together we had our first "Family Movie Night." We got pillows and blankets, popcorn, and we all laid on the floor and watched Ice Age 2. It was a lot of fun!! I think the girls really liked getting to stay up until 11:30. We all had a really good time, and this will be something we do regularly!!

Saturday I had quite a few errands to run, and then I went and got in line to register Tegan for swim lessons. They started at 1:00, and I showed up a few minutes before 1:00 and there was no parking, and a line clear across the parking lot. I almost left, but I told myself if I found a parking spot, I would stay as long as I could. I found a spot, and got in line. I would have mailed the registration in, but they were signing up the people that we their on Saturday, and Sunday first, and then the mail ins would be the last people to get spots. Tegan would have been so upset if she didn't get to do swimming again. Shortly after I was in line my friend Jessica showed up. She said that she would take my spot when I had to go, and she would sign Tegan up. We were in line from 1:00 to 2:30 before we actually made it inside the building, and then I had to leave once we made it inside. Jessica said that once she was in side she was in line for another hour and fifty minutes. She didn't get done signing the kids up until 4:40. It was crazy how they had registration set up. They only had 3 people there signing people up, and then you had to get in another line to pay. It really was crazy. I appreciate Jessica being willing to stay and sign Tegan up for me.

I had to leave early because Justin had some stuff he had to take care of, and then we had plans to meet the Willfords for some bowling later in the evening. We had been planning to go bowling for awhile, but because of busy schedules it had been put off. We were finally able to fit it in, and I am so glad we did. We had a great time, and LOTS of laughs. I won the first game, and then Troy's competitive spirit came out, and he wanted to play again. It was Justin, and I against Kari, and Troy. They beat us the second time. I don't do well under pressure!! Here are some pictures, and a couple of videos of the fun!

Scout-I thought she looked so cute in her little bowling shoes


Tegan bowling with Emily



Scout with her bowling ball

Scout giving Justin a high five after her turn
Scout and Justin
Scout and Emily


Emily and Tegan


One nice thing about not leaving for Laramie until Monday was that I got to watch Conference with Justin. I missed some of the talks, but I will read them in the Ensign. It was a nice finish to a great weekend. A nice relaxing weekend spent with my family.

0 comments: