MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lazy Tuesday...

Yesterday was an off day for us. I woke up really tired, and not feeling so well. I have not slept well in a couple of nights, and it is starting to catch up with me. So I decided the girls and I were going to have a lazy day, and a lazy day it was. I did comb their hair, and I did shower, but I didn't do anything else. I cleaned up periodically throughout the day, but nothing to big. Anyway, Scout is really into being a "princess" so she wanted her pink princess dress (princess dresses are her Sunday dresses) on all day. Tegan had pants and a shirt on, but decided later to join her sister in playing dress up. Scout pretty much stayed in the same outfit all day, but Tegan changed outfits a few times depending on what she was doing. It was a rainy day yesterday, and at one point the girls wanted to go outside and use their umbrellas. They actually played outside for a little while before coming back inside. Then they went back to dressing up. At one point in the afternoon they went in my room, and put on my high heels. They were so cute running around here in my shoes and their dresses. They were having so much fun I just let them be. Later in the afternoon they decided they wanted to go in my room and lay in my bed. I tried to take a picture before Scout moved, but she is too fast for me. They were really cute laying there together watching t.v. It was a wonderful day. We needed to just have a lazy day, and not worry about any responsibilities. Everything will be there later for me to tend to, and sometimes even I need to just let things go, and take a break from life. It made my day when Justin was here for dinner. Those nights are rare, it won't always be like that, but for now he needs to work. It was a treat for him to be home at that time. We ate dinner together, and then he headed off to work again. I got the girls in bed, and then I spent the rest of the evening resting on the couch. What a GREAT day!! Here are some pictures of the girls.
The girls playing in the rain

Tegan playing dress up with my boots

I loved all of her poses...she makes me laugh!!

This was Scout's pose...what a silly girl!!

What a lot of work it is to dress up...they needed a break.

3 comments:

allison said...

it IS a lot of work to dress up so fashionably, that rest was definitely much deserved! How cute your girls are, and that they play together!

Ginger said...

I have coined a phrase for days like these-- I call them "I don't wanna and you can't make me" days. It all comes down to dishes & laundry will wait, but dress-up days won't!

Anna Beal said...

So did your girls DESTROY your house while you were relaxing. If not I would love to know your secret. I'm in need of a "lazy day" but I am so afraid of the end result because it may create a big "clean up day".