I have been meaning to post since Tuesday, but boy does life get away from you sometimes. We had three beautiful days at the beginning of the week. We were loving the sunshine, and the beautiful weather. Tuesday we had Tegan's friend Lyssa over to play. I was hesitant to do this because I wasn't sure if it would be mean lots of fighting, which would be more work for me.It turned out to be a nice break for me. It was WONDERFUL!! Tonya, Lyssa's mom, always told me they played wonderfully at her house, but now I believe it. These two girls didn't have one fight or argument over anything. When I knew she was coming over we went to Walmart to stock up on bubbles, and playdough. The bubbles were just a mess, but after lunch the girls played outside for over an hour with it. I was so glad that it was nice out, and they were able to be outside with it because I didn't have to worry about the mess, and a mess they made, but it was easily cleaned. Then they would got from downstairs to outside finding other things to do. At one point they found the water and made mud outside. It was fine until they started walking around in it. I finally had to put a stop to the obvious fun they were having before their fun ended up all over my house!! So, it was the best 3 1/2 hours for me to get things done, and Tegan was completely entertained. We will definitely be doing more of these play dates!! :)
Wednesday was another gorgeous day so after Scout and I dropped Tegan off at school, and cleaned up the morning mess at home we spent the rest of the time at the park until we had to go and get Tegan. Scout loved it. She had all of my attention, and she got to do what she wanted, and that was to swing. I am not kidding she wanted to swing the whole time, so for 2 hours I stood at the swing and pushed her. It was so fun to spend that time with just her. I am realizing more and more that she isn't my baby anymore. I don't feel that I have gotten to spend as much one on one time with her just getting to play, and enjoying just her. She is just an amazing little girl, and I want to get to enjoy every minute of it. Especially because in the fall she will be going to preschool two days a week. It is going by faster than I would like. I wish that she was still little, but I am loving the little person that she is growing into.
Wednesday night I went to YW. It isn't mandatory that I be there, but if I can they said they would like me to be there so I went. I came home and I told Justin, "I don't think this calling is for me." I have a lot of different feelings about this calling, excited, scared, inadequate just to name a few. Anyway, after a long talk with Justin, and him helping me go over my lesson, it is on the Priesthood, I feel a little better about things. We will see after Sunday how I feel.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Sunshine Makes For Happy Days!!
Posted by Carrie at 7:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Don't you just love beautiful weather?? We have had great weather and it seems like my boys aren't asking me to entertain them every five minutes, it's great!
Hey Carrie, I don't know if you know but I am the Mia Maid Adviser. I thought I would just let you know that I felt the exact same way as you did. After my first presidency meeting which was right after I got called i felt over whelmed and inadequate. I seriously thought what am I doing here I never went to YW's never did the whole personal progress and I just felt like I shouldn't be there. But then I started talking to the president and she told me she feels the same way that none of the women when they were YW did personal progress and that some never went like me. It honestly made me feel better after talking to her. i still sometimes feel not good enough, but I try to set that aside. Turned out that the girls related to me becasue I am so young I also thought I was not knowledgeable to teach since I am not as knowledgeable in the gospel as others. But really that has turned out not to be the case. i honestly think that this is one of the best callings I love it, and I have learned a ton about me and just gospel related. I hope this helps you feel better and I love teaching the girls it has helped me focus what I would hope I can teach Paiglee as she gets older.
I had a good friend tell me once that if you weren't a little overwhelmed and intimitated by a calling, then you weren't going to be doing it right. I seriously think that Heavenly Father allows these feelings of inadequacy because then we rely on Him more and therefore are relying on the Spirit. I'm excited that you will be teaching my daughters and I feel very confident in your abilities!
I think you're such a perfect match for YW, Carrie! They will be so inspired by you... You make everything they are supposed to be look so fun!
Hope your lesson whet great! I'm sure it did! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your weekend was!
Fighting kids stress me out too!
I am glad you all are finally getting some nice weather!! I think you will do great in YW's Good luck on the lesson
Post a Comment