MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Enrichment Night

Now that we are back from our short trip to see my family, hopefully I can get caught up on my blogging.

Last Thursday I had Enrichment. Our Enrichment committee has slowly dwindled down to me and one other lady. They have been redoing callings in our ward, and the Relief Society presidency was one thing that was changed. So in the process we lost our Enrichment counselor, and then one of the other ladies on the committee was moved to YW. Well, I have stayed and then one other lady, but then they gave her the Enrichment Counselor calling so we are trying to fill 2 callings on our committee, and in the meantime it has left just 2 of us to do the work. Well, anyway we started planning our activity and it was decided that we would do something on Women's health. We decided the theme would be a "Care-of-being" cruise, and from there we planned it out. We had one of the Women Doctors in town come and talk to the ladies. She did a wonderful job, and made it interesting for the ladies to listen too. We decided for our refreshments we would do fruit and veggie kabobs, and a cheese and cracker tray. We also had fruit and veggie dip. We did water with cucumber (delicious if you haven't tried it), and we decided we would even make the table center pieces edible. We dipped strawberries in chocolate (white with red food coloring) and added mint leaves to them to make then look like roses. We then took blackberries, and added them to skewers and added them to the roses. Also on the table around the vases we put life saver mints that went nicely with out theme. We laid down freezer paper as a walk way to the RS room, and then we hung rope to the wall, and I made life preservers out of cardboard to also hang on the wall with the rope. I think that it turned out really cute, and the ladies LOVED it. I was pretty exhausted after it was over. It was a lot of work for just 2 people, but we did it, and it was wonderful.
Our walk way

Life Preservers

The tables

The centerpieces

Food Table

Kabobs

7 comments:

Brenny said...

What a clever idea! I loved the decorations and the food. The kabobs looked great -- all of your hard work paid off. I bet those ladies felt special.

The Gardner Family said...

Wow!! Where do you come up with these great ideas?! I love it!

Liz said...

What an awesome idea!! I want to be one of your young women...Good Job Carrie!

Kathryn said...

What cute centerpieces. They looked really good Carrie

Megan said...

I'm so glad that your night was such a success! Everything looked great!

Jessica Y. said...

Seriously way cute!! You do such a great job!

Em said...

Carrie it looks really nice you did a great job. It looks so festive.