MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009

For Memorial Day Weekend we went to Thermopolis to visit my Grandma. My parent's and nephew came from Laramie so it was fun to see them as well. It was a great weekend. The reason for the visit was to help my Grandma get some things done. Since she has been in Laramie since October, and just got home last week there were lots of things that needed to be taken care of. It was a bit much for a 95 year old to take care of all on her own. Justin and my dad did most of the work. They tilled her garden, sprayed weeds, fixed a fence, and worked on her 5th wheel to get it ready for our Yellowstone trip. My mom and I helped her take flowers to the Cemetery to put on my great grandparents, grandad, and my aunt Shirley's grave.


We arrived Friday night which allowed us to have all day Saturday before my parent's arrived. We took the opportunity to take the girls swimming, and then after swimming everyone went back and rested while I went to the store with my Grandma. After shopping we went out to dinner in Kirby. My Grandma likes to eat there so it was fun to go there with her. Saturday night my parent's arrived, and the rest of the weekend was spent working on little projects for Grandma. It was a great weekend. I always enjoy going to Thermopolis. There are tons of wonderful memories there, and I am so glad that I get to share that with my girls. They love Thermopolis, and so it is a lot of fun to see them enjoy it as much as I did/do.
Having a good time swimming in the warm water

Grandma and Tegan

Mommy and Scout

Tegan, Grandma, Me, and Scout waiting patiently for out dinner

The kiddos enjoying a snack...mmmm...cookies

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, man...Thermopolis brings back a ton of memories for me as well! We lived there for about 4 1/2 years when I was little. I love the terraces and the swimming pools. They also have a TON of hills in town that are great for sledding. Hopefully when we're in Wyoming this summer we can make a trip to Thermop!

Liz said...

Oh, by the way, I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your hair! That is such a cute style for you!!

The Merkleys said...

How nice of you guys to help out your grandma! Swimming in Thermop looked fun. Was it stinky?